By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian Canceled UPDATE: according to Gamestop, but Sony disagrees

Around the Network
Boutros said:
As it was suggested on Gaf, maybe it's because Sony has no current plans to localize the title.

I wouldn't have been so certain if the phone call didn't say " the vendors confirmed it's canceled."

Hopefully I'm wrong though. However, those posters on gaf are kinda glingy and are in complete denial -coming up with the craziest things to convince themselves that the game is not canceled.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

kowenicki said:
is it still available on the gamestop website

Nope it's gone from the website as well...

Former something....

kowenicki said:
is it still available on the gamestop website

I don't see it? Does UK have its own Gamespot website?

Edit, my bad the no question mark made me think that was a statement. My apologies.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Good. It was the most overrated thing ever.

Around the Network

The odds of a US retailer breaking a JPN development game cancellation are pretty low. Also OP is very misleading. There is no official news about cancellation.

It was expected..

KillerMan said:
The odds of a US retailer breaking a JPN development game cancellation are pretty low. Also OP is very misleading. There is no official news about cancellation.

My track record is not that well known on VGC but I do believe people would know that I'm not one to make shit up. So all I have to offer was my personal experience with a phone call I got 20 minutes ago. Official has nothing to do with it, it will become official by someone sooner or later.

Plus another poster on gaf made a similar thread to mine.

this was the only game that would make me buy a PS3 :(

i was so looking foreword to this!

shit how can a game that has been in development for so long just be trashed like that?! all that work for nothing?!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Joystiq

According to several GameStop customers and employees, The Last Guardian has been removed from GameStop's computer system and possibly canceled. Clerks at several stores confirmed that the game was no longer listed among titles that were coming soon and several customers of the store have received calls telling them that the game had been canceled. Blogger Darren Hupke even recorded the message. A search of the retailer's web site also shows no trace of the game.

For the moment we're without official confirmation, so we've got our fingers crossed that this is just a clerical error. Of course, with the recent departure of Fumito Ueda, we can't say this would come as a complete surprise (despite Ueda being "committed to completing" the game).

We've reached out to Sony and the company is checking into it, we'll let you know what we hear.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/22/last-guardian-apparently-removed-from-gamestops-release-schedul/