By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian Canceled UPDATE: according to Gamestop, but Sony disagrees

non-gravity said:
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
It's been a half a decade. What the hell happened? Was the PS3 too complex for the team?

it was mid 2008 when they started I believe...

If it was mid 2008 this statement looks really weird, a statement that made people expect it to release in 2009:

In the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine (Issue 21, August 08), during an interview, Shuhei Yoshida, the new President of SCE Worlwide Studios briefly mentions Fumito Ueda and his team:

Quote:
It took four years and the second game took four years too. So I started calling them the 'Olympic Team.' They haven't released a PS3 title yet - of course not - they'll take four years! But they have something really, really good on the way."
I suppose most of the devs, as part of Japan Studios, had been working on PSP and PSN games.

Well, this is in line with their other games then. If they started 2008, then the game will come out in 2012, four years after they begun.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

gamestop has retracted their statement. go to gameinformer and you'll see it. well it's more like an apology, and they'lllist the game when there's a release date.

heres the second statement from gamestop. 1st paragraph

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/22/the-last-guardian-cancelled.aspx

You had me worried for a second there, I'm glad I'm only reading this now

LOL, Gamespot....more like Lamespot!

Around the Network

fukk you gamespot...dont play with my feelings like that!

for over like 2 years im emotionally preparing a FF Versus multiplat announcement and still the tears are falling down but that plus a Last Guardian cancel would have killed me...