By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fellow PS3 Owners, Advice Needed

Hey guys, I'll keep this short and sweet. I bought a PS3 in 07' and it broke in 08' once (got it repaired via warranty) but broke again in early 2010 and I then decided to sell a broken PS3. Last game I played was Uncharted 2 and I've been real busy with school and work ever since (I go to school outside of the city). I'm asking whether you guys think it's an appropriate to purchase a PS3, I'm contemplating on whether not I should purchase one on Boxing Day (I live in Canada, which is the day after Christmas), in March 2012 near my birthday or simply wait until boxing day of 2012 (a whole year from now). The particular deal I've been eyeing is the following:

- PS3 320 GB with Uncharted 3 and a free coupon book - free shipping - $249.99 (normally $300.00)

http://www.ebgames.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=649&cid=soc_10001110

Or should I simply wait a few days for boxing day to hit and then hope for better deals, or should I simply wait until next year?

I'm tempted to buy a PS3, cause I feel it's just necessary to keep in the house if friends or kids want to hang out and play some games, or just use its movie playing capabilities, etc. Plus I have a bunch of old games, such as MW1, MW2, GTA4, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Burnout Paradise, Resistance 2, Assassin's Creed 2.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Around the Network

I say wait for best deal, if that is boxing day, then that

Kind of a stupid question to be asking a gaming forum. Obviously everyone will say to get the system. You will only find fanboys that say buy some other system.

If this was the Wii, I would say wait it out till Wii U, but I know of no new PS4, so get PS3 then.

not sure what sort of deals your area will have in the coming weeks but that sounds like a pretty darn good deal to me..UC3 has a great mp also so it adds some real good value to it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Boxing day if you have the cash!

there has been no "must have" ps3 games to come out since MAG.

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Kind of a stupid question to be asking a gaming forum. Obviously everyone will say to get the system. You will only find fanboys that say buy some other system.

If this was the Wii, I would say wait it out till Wii U, but I know of no new PS4, so get PS3 then.

Yup, in my OP I simply asked if it's smart to buy it NOW or wait, as in I will inevitably purchase the system, but just when is the right time to purchase it was my main concern.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll wait till boxing day, I saw another deal a couple of weeks ago on EB games for 320 GB PS3 with Infamous 2 and 2 free games of choice (like top notch games) which I think was $299.99 or $329.99.

calibrate` said:
irstupid said:

Yup, in my OP I simply asked if it's smart to buy it NOW or wait, as in I will inevitably purchase the system, but just when is the right time to purchase it was my main concern.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll wait till boxing day, I saw another deal a couple of weeks ago on EB games for 320 GB PS3 with Infamous 2 and 2 free games of choice (like top notch games) which I think was $299.99 or $329.99.

That one sounds sweeter. Especially if one of the games you can choose is Uncharted 3. If it's $300 sure. If 330... not so much.

4 ≈ One

wait for the 24th. futureshop and bestbuy will have their online boxing day sales. Unless you actually like going into the stores on the 26th.

As far as deals go, the past 3 years, the boxing day bundle has always topped wtv was offered during the month of december. This year has been pretty poor in terms of deals so I wouldn't get my hopes up for any awesome bundles this boxing day. So in that regard it might be best to wait till next year, but then again if you're alreayd considering it now, a year is a long time to wait. And I wouldn't expect another drop in price on the ps3 but what do i know.

usrevenge said:
there has been no "must have" ps3 games to come out since MAG.

Must. Not. Feed. Troll.

calibrate` said:

Hey guys, I'll keep this short and sweet. I bought a PS3 in 07' and it broke in 08' once (got it repaired via warranty) but broke again in early 2010 and I then decided to sell a broken PS3. Last game I played was Uncharted 2 and I've been real busy with school and work ever since (I go to school outside of the city). I'm asking whether you guys think it's an appropriate to purchase a PS3, I'm contemplating on whether not I should purchase one on Boxing Day (I live in Canada, which is the day after Christmas), in March 2012 near my birthday or simply wait until boxing day of 2012 (a whole year from now). The particular deal I've been eyeing is the following:

- PS3 320 GB with Uncharted 3 and a free coupon book - free shipping - $249.99 (normally $300.00)

http://www.ebgames.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=649&cid=soc_10001110

Or should I simply wait a few days for boxing day to hit and then hope for better deals, or should I simply wait until next year?

I'm tempted to buy a PS3, cause I feel it's just necessary to keep in the house if friends or kids want to hang out and play some games, or just use its movie playing capabilities, etc. Plus I have a bunch of old games, such as MW1, MW2, GTA4, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Burnout Paradise, Resistance 2, Assassin's Creed 2.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

What other current gen game systems do you own now?

When I bought my PS3 the best sale for me was New Years day, 2009 (United States btw).  So you might wanna wait a few days or even a week