By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Servers Get Another Extension

Tagged games:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/18/demons-souls-server-extension.aspx

Looks like Atlus won't be pulling the plug on Demon's Souls servers anytime soon. Word is that the company will extend support and continue operating servers until fall 2011 (previously they were going to be maintained until March).

"We will support the online servers for Demon's Souls as long as we possibly can, and we'll be as transparent about the entire process as possible, hence us constantly updating folks as to what to expect," explains Aram Jabbari, PR and sales manager at Atlus. "It's starting to feel like even if we wanted to, we couldn't shut things down. Honestly, we're more worried the servers will shut us down than the other way around."

So there you have it Demon's Souls fans, servers are saved a little while longer. In other good news, Atlus has announced plans for a Pure White World Tendency event on December 20 that will run through the end of the year. There will be special foes to fight and access to otherwise blocked paths during the event period.

Around the Network

That's it! I'm selling my PS3. All of these delays are pissing me off! I guess that's why they call it the delaystation.

Seriously though, this is great news.

This news is a year old...

^^ nice catch

Demon's Souls Servers Get Another Extension
News
by Annette Gonzalez on December 18, 2010 at 04:30 PM

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You are a tiny bit late...