By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What else can Nintendo do to get their stock to go back up?

Can new Wii U information bring the stock back up?

Yes 20 39.22%

NO 11 21.57%

We will see how good the showing is. 15 29.41%

other 0 0%

see resultz 5 9.80%

Total:51

They need to announce a full 3DS Pokemon game and confirm New Super Mario Bros Mii as a Wii U launch title. Other than that confirm Monster Hunter 4 is going to be exclusive to Nintendo and their stock should shoot up.

Oh and showing the first GTA V gameplay running on the Wii U at CES/E3 would do good things as well.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Nothing. Nintendo is only losing the investors it got when everyone felt Ninty was the second coming of Apple.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

4th lowest day since late 05 yesterday, (103.92) wonder if it'll fall below 100 soon. You'd think the 3DS rebirth would have done something ...

Not until Nintendo give all of us lap dances then we'll stop d0ming them.

Like Kowenicki said:

The main issue for Nintendo's shareprice is the strong Yen. So until the Japanese government starts artificailly weakening the Yen, the only thing Nintendo can do is lower the costbase, which is hard with a new console on the way.

Around the Network
Seece said:
4th lowest day since late 05 yesterday, (103.92) wonder if it'll fall below 100 soon. You'd think the 3DS rebirth would have done something ...

They need rebirth of Euro not 3DS ;)

Also there's a realistic danger of share price dropping after Wii U details if investors think it won't be as profitable as expected.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

kowenicki said:
BengaBenga said:
Like Kowenicki said:

The main issue for Nintendo's shareprice is the strong Yen. So until the Japanese government starts artificailly weakening the Yen, the only thing Nintendo can do is lower the costbase, which is hard with a new console on the way.

they have spent a ton of money doing that 3 times in the last 18 months... it didnt work.

I don't know why investors assume the Yen is so stable as to rush to it as a shelter currency. Japanese debt rates are worse than pretty much anyone else in the developed world and they haven't seen economic growth in any signifcant measure in 20 years. Anyone else would have collapsed utterly by now...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Now, I am puzzled why the Yen is so strong right now also.

It's true, a lot of investors want Nintendo to move into the "app" space. We should bear in mind that most investors, in all industries, are solely concerned with short-term gain. That's how we got into this global financial crisis in the first place.

My best guess would be potential new investors are wary that Nintendo is in a state of transition at the moment. The Wii U is, still, a pretty big gamble, and with little or no concrete information available about it potential investors will be reluctant to take that gamble.

WiiU will plummet stock even further I believe, unless they release it at ultimate bargain price.