By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people think FPS are better with Wiimote/Move?

I don't think it is, I know it is :P

IR offers far more precision and speed than sticks. That doesn't mean every game (or gamer) is going to make good use of it, though. A lot of the early games definitely struggled to find a sweet spot for the bounding box and sensitivity, but when a game makes good use of it... it's night and day.

Around the Network

some people like Pepsi others like cola

i like Wiimote controls for FPS

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

SvennoJ said:
It's easier to aim at moving objects. However I can't get used to moving around with it, I always turn too much or too little. I never have that problem with kb+mouse. For on-rails sections it's way better then dual analog, but for running and gunning I prefer dual analog.

I played through Killzone 3 with move and it was ok, not great. During my Resistance 3 play through I switched back to dual analog, too much running around and the glowing ball was kind of annoying too in the dark sections. Kinda ironic since I initially bought R3 for move. Luckily the HL2 like campaign did not disappoint.

I guess I can get used to it eventually. It took me a while to feel comfortable with dual analog as well. It's just easier to stick to a well known working method for the few times I play an fps nowadays.

I agree with you completely, but as I said crank up your controller's sensitivity to 10 and see how fast you can aim if you can control the speed. Granted I don't know much about Move compared to Wiimote (I'm imagining they are similar), I would really question if 2 people of relatively similar skill levels were given the option to play a multiplayer (say COD) online, would they choose motion control over dual analogues for a serious game (not messing around) and be able to pull off a good score.

I think it compares similar to Keyboard+Mouse VS controllers, controllers are fun and efficient as we know them, but in a competition between someone using a K+M against another using a controller, the former would whoop the latter all day every day.

@Roma I think you missed the point of the thread. I was looking for an explanation from those who think Motion control is better. I know that everyone has different tastes, I just want to know technical reasons why one prefers MC over controller.

ok well i think its more precise and in some cases it makes you feel you really are holding a gun and pointing it at enemies. i think its more fun just like how i prefer Zelda with Motion over buttons like in SS. it brings you closer to the games

but this is of course if done right

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

If you have AAA standard players on DS3/Xbox-controller playing against Wiimote/Move, I guarantee that the motion controllers would destroy the standard controllers.

Around the Network

they get more immersion, and probably destroy mouse users too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Becouse they haven't found out yet that mouse and keyboard owns both ? ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I tried Killzone 3 with a PS Move and I was death incarnate. Point and kill. I don't think it's better, I KNOW motion controls are better. If you played an FPS with auto assist turned off, you wouldn't ask this question.

Why do people think FPS are better with Wiimote/Move?

Because they are? Really Wiimote+Nunchuk are the best combination for FPS ever. Gamepad does not even come close to the precision and speed of this combi.

Sonys Move on the other side is not as fast and precise as the Wiimote when it comes to shooter controls, but even Move is better than Gamepad if implemented good in the game.

IMO (and keep in mind I'm not exactly the biggest fan of FPS games)

Mouse & Keyboard >>>> Wiimote + Nunchuk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Standard Controller