By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 break 1 million sales globally next week?

Tagged games:

Will PS3 sell over 1 million in the next coming weeks

Yes, but just FFXIII-2 week 13 12.62%

Yes, but only the last week before Christmas 19 18.45%

Yes, both of the next two weeks 18 17.48%

No, sales just need to be boosted by too much 40 38.83%

See Results 13 12.62%

Total:103
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Maybe that's all i have to say. You guys put to much faith in Final Fantasy being a system seller.

That's not a case of be a system seller... just japaneses loves special editions.

OP. No... 850-950 both weeks.

Anyway the FFXIII 1 million seller week just became 1 million seller after adjustments.... before it was 958k.

Except for Ni No Kuni.

Around the Network

900k-950k is my bet.

Is it wrong to think the ps vita will steal some of final fantasy and the ps3 limited edition sales, or the other way round?

Roma said:
naruball said:
Roma said:
does a sequel normally boost sales by much? most people who will buy this game are those who bought the game before it

See that's what I thought too, but take a look at the boost the 360 got because of Gears of War 3.

Was it by much?

Yup. It was huge. It jumped from 126.815 (Week ending 17  Sept 2011) to 228.922 (week ending 24 Sept 2011).

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40804/Global/

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40811/Global/

It was released on 20 Sep 2011.

spurgeonryan said:
Michael-5 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I think with all of your numbers and the Final Fantasy thing (That still is a monster of a franchise!) it has a really good chance. Plus isn't golden week or whatever it is called coming soon in Japan?

Unless everyone is out buying Vita's instead over there.

Golden Week is in June.

Also by my numbers, are you sure? Weekly sales are lower now then in 2009 during the week before FFXIII launched, and pre-orders in Japan are a 3rd as strong.

If anything, I think the week of the 24th is more likely. It only needs 27k, and to be logical, last year the week included the 25th, which is a holiday and lacking of sales.

In that case disregard 50 percent of my post. Do they have a holiday going on soon in Japan?

PS3 is still strong over there. But depending on how well the vita really is doing i think it has a good chance at it.

I don't know exactly how the holiday calendar works in Japan. but they do have a Christmas, and sales plunge after it. A bit slower then in the rest of the world, but essentially the holiday season is the same there as it is here.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Maybe that's all i have to say. You guys put to much faith in Final Fantasy being a system seller.

That's not a case of be a system seller... just japaneses loves special editions.

Anyway the FFXIII 1 million seller week just became 1 million seller after adjustments.... before it was 958k.

Bleh....ugly.

How do you know the exact figure before adjustments? Do you record VGC data?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

thehusbo said:
Is it wrong to think the ps vita will steal some of final fantasy and the ps3 limited edition sales, or the other way round?

Not immediatly, but maybe down the road you might see lower weekly PS3 sales.

Howver most disagree with me because PSV and PS3 will have a lot of cross platform titles.

Just considering most Japanese gamers prefer handhelds nowdays, I don't see why newcomers would get a PS3 whena PSV has the same games, graphics and cost. Too bad it's not BC, I would have considered it if it was.

Nope, I don't see the PS3 doing a 1M next week or the 2 weeks after this year.

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Bleh....ugly.

How do you know the exact figure before adjustments? Do you record VGC data?

I checked the old threads... the right number is 964k.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96965

After that the adjustments put it at 1,017,973 (today data).

theprof00 said:
and they said the market was going down...

And what about all these claims of unemployment rising. Shit, more people are spending money this holiday than anytime the past few years!

Music is still playing but Titanic of world economy has already meet the iceberg.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB