By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Louvre is buying 5,000 3DS handhelds

VG247

Why? They’re implementing an interesting system that will show museum-goers exactly where they are in the museum via a stereoscopic 3D map. They’ll also be able to listen to audio commentaries based on where they are in the museum.

“We are the first museum in the world to do this,” said Agnes Alfandari, head of multimedia at the Louvre, with staggeringly insightful commentary.

Via Gamasutra.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/16/the-louvre-is-buying-5000-3ds-handhelds/

Around the Network

5k is not that "great for 3DS sales" lol

Should be another million week for 3DS I think.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

So this is why the 3DS sales are so high right now! All museums in the world are following suit!
/s

Sounds like a pretty damn neat feature for a museum to implement. The more 3DS units out there and able to show the public what it can do the better. I can pretty much go up to anyone (coworker, family member, etc) and show them the 3DS which they have yet to see and most of the time they are pretty impressed with just a few basics that I show them (AR cards or Nintendo Video channel).

Around the Network

tried the 3ds for the first time last night...it was so bad...i really dont understand how people can actually play it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
tried the 3ds for the first time last night...it was so bad...i really dont understand how people can actually play it.

What game did you try?

MrBubbles said:

Please don't attempt to troll.

sethnintendo said:
MrBubbles said:

What game did you try?

it was the mario game.   the angle the screen can be at seems really limited, and even when it was at an appropriate position i still had a lot of ghosting which made my eyes sore.  its a good thing i tried it out though...with it being so cheap at all the stores i was tempted to buy it even though im not really into 3d.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
sethnintendo said:
MrBubbles said:

What game did you try?

it was the mario game.   the angle the screen can be at seems really limited, and even when it was at an appropriate position i still had a lot of ghosting which made my eyes sore.  its a good thing i tried it out though...with it being so cheap at all the stores i was tempted to buy it even though im not really into 3d.

I 've got the exact same problem,all I did was slow the 3d slider down to fit my eyes and now it's all great again.