By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot GOTY - Editor's Choice winners are in

Tagged games:

I wonder if these reviewers even care that they spout BS sometimes. Gamespot seems to be at the bottom of the barrel. Wouldn't go to that site again for anything.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
forest-spirit said:
I'm no fan of Gamespot and some lists are a bit weird. But, atleast they have a Best Platformer category instead of lumping platformers together with Action/Adventure, which is just retarded. And Xenoblade was nomineed for Best RPG, Best Wii game and GOTY (!!!), so I'll have to give them some credit...

But they were the one that had the BS Skyward Sword review, correct?

Yeah, they were. :/

If it was me, I'd have nominated Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Batman, Portal 2, & LittleBigPlanet 2. At least they got some of them right.

What the hell is Outland?

pezus said:
They're basically saying 360 had more and better exclusives this year.....why isn't Outland nominated for best 360 game for example?

And I wonder, if Outland was a retail 59$ title, would it still be in their GOTY suggestion?

Remember Gamespot gave Demon Souls GOTY in 2009

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

OutLand is really great and GOTY worthy, and of course U3 should be there on the list, but I don't think any other ps3 exclusive should've made to the list, lbp2 and resistance 3 are FAR, FAR, FAR from goty.

Also Metal Gear Solid got GOTY in 2008

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

they dont have any ps3 exclusives in the ps3 GOTY because they dont wanna make xbox feel bad. (with their 1 exclusive in the "xbox" game of the year even though the others are multiplat.

i officially stopped visiting their site from now on & removed their icon from my favorites and replaced it with ign's.

Most Surprisingly Good Game: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Best Story: To the Moon

Best Graphics, Technical: Crysis 2

Best Graphics, Artistic: Alice: Madness Returns

Best New Character: Portal 2

Best Download-only PC Game: Minecraft

Best Download-only Console Game: Outland

Best Atmosphere: L.A. Noire

Best Music: Shadows of the Damned

Best Sound Design: Shadows of the Damned

Best Voice Acting: Portal 2

Best Adaptation or Use of License: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings