By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who do you think was the greatest/favorite "HOCKEY"player of all time?

Tagged games:

chocoloco said:
Metrium said:

And chocoloco, for Marks defense... you have to admit that Roy was kind of a douche... (but I still love him :P)

Roy wasd cocky, but it was also what we loved about him in Colorado. We always believed he could win and would show everyone he knew he could do it. Also it is pretty well known in Colorado that Roy will eventually become the head coach. He has talked to the orginization about it many times.

Funny you say that, because around 1month ago, with the awfull season start the habs had, rumors were saying the same thing about him becoming montreal's head coach. He is currently coaching a minor hockey team in quebec city (he is also co-owner i think) and he keeps saying that he wants to stay there for a while... not sure if its true tho, it might be, because i think if he rly wanted to make the jump to the NHL, he would have done it a long time ago.

And yeah, he was extremely cocky, thats why loved him and that is also why alot of ppl hate him. I dont think I will ever get over the fact that we traded him to you guys >.<

"Huh? what did you just say? I'm sorry, I couldnt hear you because I have my two stanley cup rings stucked into my ears".

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

My favorite Hockey player was and always will be Pavol Demitra, may he and all those aboard that horrible flight rest in peace.  I've been a Blues fan for life and had myself a ton of great Hockey stars to look up to, but for some reason, Pavol became my favorite in my youth.

Currently, I'm very excited and proud of Vladimir Sobotka, that tiny guy plays with a lot of heart.  And my god, Brian Elliott is playing the season of every goalie's career right now, its too bad he's the backup, lol, otherwise he'd have a lot more games in.

chocoloco said:

Since his records destroy all Gretzky is the best forward, no one else will ever have the league retire their number. Maybe in 2,000 years.

For Goalie, Patrick Roy, he was the ultimate clutch goalie and he left the game early when he was still at the top of his game.

The best defensemen is Ray Bourque who had the ultimate combination of brutal defense and one of the most famous and powerful slap shots in history.

@ Marks You are off my friends list buddy for slandering Roy.

lol just said I didn't like him, I still called him the best goalie of all time though. 

Also no way I would pick Bourque over Bobby Orr, Denny Potvin, Coffey or Scottie Stevens. 

Diablerie said:

My favorite Hockey player was and always will be Pavol Demitra, may he and all those aboard that horrible flight rest in peace.  I've been a Blues fan for life and had myself a ton of great Hockey stars to look up to, but for some reason, Pavol became my favorite in my youth.

Currently, I'm very excited and proud of Vladimir Sobotka, that tiny guy plays with a lot of heart.  And my god, Brian Elliott is playing the season of every goalie's career right now, its too bad he's the backup, lol, otherwise he'd have a lot more games in.

I was sad to hear he died, was a great player. "My name is Pavol and nice Demitra"

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
It's Wayne Gretzky. No question. He is the greatest hockey player of all time.

Being that I am a Blackhawks fan I always loved guys like Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, and Denis Savard but Wayne was the best. Honorable mention goes to Mario Lemieux.

Have you all not seen this article?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=greatest%20hockey%20player&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CE0QqQIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fsports%2Fhockey%2Fblackhawks%2Fct-spt-1211-chelios-blackhawks-chicago--20111211%2C0%2C4397303.story&ei=GEroTqG3FMyztwfcheH2CQ&usg=AFQjCNFiRKyMa-xZ4BJSJ36r3V-4MPA6cg&cad=rja

Ahhh Chelios isn't even the best American born, let alone best anything. As far as Americans go I'd take Keith Tkachuk, Mike Modano, Brett Hull (depending if you consider him Canadian or American) or Timmy Thomas easily. And those are just off the top of my head, sure there's a lot more. 

Around the Network

This is a bit like asking who the greatest basketball player of all time is. There are plenty of classics, but for hockey, there's really only one right answer (Gretzky).

I am still a firm believer in that if Super Mario didn't get cancer in his prime and/or the heart murmurs that ended his career, he would have easily surpassed Gretzky.

To be honest, I believe he would have been the only one to possibly hit 1,000 goals.

Who knows what Lemieux could have done with a much healthier career, not to mention 572 more games played.

He got ~690 goals in 915 games compared to ~854 in 1487 for Gretzky.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Gretzky is of course the best ever, but being a Detroit Red Wings fan, I'll go with Steve Yzerman

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Gretzky :)
Tie Domi is in second.

MontanaHatchet said:

This is a bit like asking who the greatest basketball player of all time is. There are plenty of classics, but for hockey, there's really only one right answer (Gretzky).

Yep.  Greatest basketball player of all time is Lebron James. 

Just ask Scottie Pippen.  That's what he said last year, not that he's jealous of MJ or anything.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger