By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

hmm they should release a game every two years or every year :P

seriously though i think it is a bad strategy to show us something and then come with something different. now i love the art style of SS and WW but i would love to see that WiiU Zelda for real. i hope motion doesn't get the blame here. I'd rather the style gets the blame than the motion as this is the best way to play Zelda and probably one of the reasons why SS is the best Zelda for me.

Now Zelda doesn't sell that well in Japan but what is the reason? is there any article on why it is like that?
surely it can't be because its a "difficult" game i mean i want it harder than SS even though it had a perfect balance. i most certainly do not want a less easy Zelda than SS!

has Nintendo ever been asked why Zelda doesn't sell that well in japan?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Well in all fairness, at least the total second week sales for SKYWARD SWORD are still above that of TWILIGHT PRINCESS'S; that game only managed about 183k LTD in its second week. Skyward Sword is already above that by far, so it can't be seen as a total collapse.

Emme said:
I have the strange fear that Nintendo won't be able to deliver a true HD Zelda in the first 2 years, and IF they don't they might go the OoT route and just do a make over to a Zelda game so they have ANYTHING to release for WiiU, other than re-releases of Wii games which will save their butt until new games appear.We have seen that with The Wii, where the beginning was just ports of multiplatform games and Zelda and Red Steel.

I wouldn’t call Zelda a “port” as it came to Wii before it came out on GC. You barely seem to know what you’re talking about. Red steal only came to Wii so how does it make it a port.... from what other platform?

Sure it got a few ports from PS2 but that wasn’t from Nintendo. Nintendo had the two Pikmin games and the two Metroid prime games that cam out after Metroid prime 3. so those were games that came out later and not in the beginning. What more ports from Nintendo are you talking about?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

One thing that may be cool for the next ZELDA would be a mixture of classic 2D Zelda (ala ALTTP) and the 3D ZELDA. It would appeal to both sides for sure.

I want nintendo to release an online hd version of the gamecube 4 swords game on wii u :) Maybe have it as a free download like the 3ds one.

Around the Network
JTurner82 said:
One thing that may be cool for the next ZELDA would be a mixture of classic 2D Zelda (ala ALTTP) and the 3D ZELDA. It would appeal to both sides for sure.

Don't mix, just do both.

JTurner82 said:

WIll they try to release it at least in the MIDDLE of the cycle for WiiU and NOT the end?  I think the latter choice may have been a bit of a mistake for the game in Japan.

I don't think releasing SS at (or near) the end of wii's lifespan was a strategic decision. I think they would rather have released it sooner than later...I assume they released the game when it was ready, and they'll probably do the same thing again next time.

Somehow I think Nintendo are probably banking on other franchises to bring home the real bacon these days so they probably don't care how long it takes as long as it's good.

beginning...

Switch!!!

mushroomboy5 said:
JTurner82 said:

WIll they try to release it at least in the MIDDLE of the cycle for WiiU and NOT the end?  I think the latter choice may have been a bit of a mistake for the game in Japan.

I don't think releasing SS at (or near) the end of wii's lifespan was a strategic decision. I think they would rather have released it sooner than later...I assume they released the game when it was ready, and they'll probably do the same thing again next time.

Somehow I think Nintendo are probably banking on other franchises to bring home the real bacon these days so they probably don't care how long it takes as long as it's good.

But then the idea is why make the game at all? Every game should have a purpose beyond merely diversifying the library, and while you should not pervert a game's spirit merely for sales, you should certainly seek to optimize its potential

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I seriously don't know what to think anymore. Damn, nintendo might have to play catch up for the rest of its console cycles, and this also translates into the development of classic games like zelda.