Forums - General Discussion - Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production

Tagged games:

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

A civilised nation where law and order operates would prosecute people acting inhumanely towards animals. In Middle east, African and Asian developing nations culture and religion encourages animal cruelty to flourish within society. Nothing can be done to change their cruel behaviour.

Watching animal cruelty videos is enough to force some people to become a vegetarian and avoid most animal products. It is disgraceful that animal cruelty frequently occurs around the world. 

Wouldn't killing animals for food (in factories specifically) qualify as cruelty in of itself? It's not like one requires animal meat to survive - or even be healthy to be frank.

The problem I have with this thread is that people are confronted with something so horrible, yet it is a direct result of their daily lives. Then they get all shocked, and a week later - nothing. People should just admit that they don't care that animals are suffering as long as they can satisfy their tongue - this level of honesty is all I can really respect.

Sure, there are varying degrees of suffering enforced upon animals during meat production, but you have to be pretty ignorant to think that the majority of meat came from happy animals.

*I'm just commenting on your post since there were some points I liked.

Around the Network

To be honest I can't really form an opinion on this stuff. On the one hand animals can experience parasites, disease, starvation and cruel deaths from predators which exceeds even the worst of that video. On the other hand causing pain and suffering like that when there are better options available doesn't sit well with me.

Tease.

That's the situation in countries with poor animal welfare laws and feedlot farming.

The only complete falsehood in the video is that death by carbon dioxide is not painful. CO2 suffication is like faling into a pleasant sleep and is the least stressfull of all methods of slaughter.

Castration of pigs is banned in many countries. You can buy free range / cage free eggs, and you can buy free range chicken and pork. You can get pasture raised beef, and pasture farmed dairy.

Most countries have strict welfare laws regarding slaughter methods..

You can buy ethical animal products, you just have to do some checking and not simply buy blind. But you'll also pay a bit more too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

d21lewis said:
Good lord! bottled water is made from the tears of baby seals being struck by hammers.

I was never a fan of bottled water I prefer to drink tap water or fill up my water bottle. Tap water comes from the tears of baby seals being clubbed to death by hammers has put me off from buying bottled water. Most plastic bottles ends up as landfill that takes thousands of years to break down.

binary solo said:
That's the situation in countries with poor animal welfare laws and feedlot farming.

The only complete falsehood in the video is that death by carbon dioxide is not painful. CO2 suffication is like faling into a pleasant sleep and is the least stressfull of all methods of slaughter.

Castration of pigs is banned in many countries. You can buy free range / cage free eggs, and you can buy free range chicken and pork. You can get pasture raised beef, and pasture farmed dairy.

You can buy ethical animal products, you just have to do some checking and not simply buy blind. But you'll also pay a bit more too.

All of this 'sophistication' is just so that people feel good about themselves.

IT'S BULLSHIT.

They still seer off chickens beaks for instance... Why do you focus so much on how nice they are to the animals and ignore the fact that they grow them just to kill them. AND, these people do it for a living, which means they don't give a shit about the animals once they become desensitized to the situation.

- I'm not attacking you ok. Just have to speak my mind here.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
d21lewis said:
Good lord! bottled water is made from the tears of baby seals being struck by hammers.

I was never a fan of bottled water I prefer to drink tap water or fill up my water bottle. Tap water comes from the tears of baby seals being clubbed to death by hammers has put me off from buying bottled water. Most plastic bottles ends up as landfill that takes thousands of years to break down.

Not only as landfill...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

Yeah, putting water in plastic bottels is one of the more ridiculous actions of modern man. A water filter is cheaper, better and healthier (I read some freaky things about the effect plastics have on water/food/etc.).

please, don't remind me of this video

it's not because it's discusting, it's a total nightmare, i hate myself everytime i eat meat : (

i know it's nature for animals to eat each other, but i hope that most humans are not animals and therefore we don't need to make them suffer in such a way.... : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Dr.Grass said:
binary solo said:

All of this 'sophistication' is just so that people feel good about themselves.

IT'S BULLSHIT.

They still seer off chickens beaks for instance... Why do you focus so much on how nice they are to the animals and ignore the fact that they grow them just to kill them. AND, these people do it for a living, which means they don't give a shit about the animals once they become desensitized to the situation.

- I'm not attacking you ok. Just have to speak my mind here.

You do realise that the beak is like your toenails right? In "sophisticated" animal welfare countries the de-beaking does not cut into any sensitive tissues. It trims to remove the sharp points, and in free range situations you don't need to debeak at all.

Death is part of the circle of life. I have no moral issue with killing animals for food, it's the manner in which you treat them while they are alive and the manner in which you kill them which can be humane or inhumane, and it is the farming and slaughter practices which need to be well regulated.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Free, clean tap water ftw

The age of facebook - where everyone acts shocked/indignant/upset online, but don't do anything in their real life, leading to no changes. Not the first time it's happened, won't be the last time it happens.