By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

osamanobama said:
pezus said:
osamanobama said:
Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:

Is it fair to say that Don Mattrick has been the right guy to put the 360 on top?

I hate him.

I'm telling you, he's an otherworldly amalgamation of Tom Cruise and Kenneth from 30 Rock.

lol, i totaly see that.

the resemblance is uncanny.

anyway, why dont people like this guy?

He just looks like a douche lol. Constantly grinning 

yes, he does look like a giant douche.

but thats a reason to hate/dislike him?

does he have a super annoying personality?

whats his job?

He's in charge of the Xbox division at Microsoft.  You can watch the E3 stuff.  He's pretty annoying, IMO.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

I think the 360's success has been largely aided by Kinect, but even more so by the fact that Microsoft was able to offer a system with:

-All of the major "core" third party titles (Call of Duty, GTA, Arkham City, AC, etc.)

-A variety of casual titles (particularly those on the XBLA)

-An extensive online system with a variety of media features.

These aspects aren't exclusive to the 360, but Microsoft tied them all together very well. It's no wonder that the 360 is selling so well. It's simply a great value.

pezus said:
thx1139 said:
pezus said:
thx1139 said:
pezus said:
thx1139 said:
December is going to be so interesting, MS is keeping up the marketing, but seems like Sony and Nintendo went after BF weekend and that is about it. Below is the current weeks special deals. Dominated by the 360.

12/04- 12/10

Dell
360 250GB Holiday Bundle $229.99

Amazon
360 250GB Holiday Bundle includes $75 gift credit

ToysRUs
360s include a starter pack for $74.99 ($20 savings)

Target
Wii $149.99 includes $20 gift card
PS3 160GB Harry Potter BluRay Bundle $249.99

Best Buy
360 250GB Kinect Bundle includes $75 gift card
PS3 3D Display for $499.99 and get 160GB PS3 for $100 more

Walmart
360 4GB $199.99 includes $50 gift card

Didn't you say MS had made no effort?

No. MS is going for it, but they didnt need to permanently reduce price. Jan 1 prices return to normal.

And it will show come the new year. 

Yup like it did August through October
the

Yup, when PS3 outsold 360 every week. As well as the rest of the year before January. 

the point is MS gets to bump back up in profitability until they feel they need to cut price. Ulitimatly this will help the business far more than winning the first 9 months of the year.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Wow, what a MEGA bomba Rayman turned out to be. :/

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Anymore specific numbers for software available?

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
osamanobama said:
pezus said:
osamanobama said:
Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:

Is it fair to say that Don Mattrick has been the right guy to put the 360 on top?

I hate him.

I'm telling you, he's an otherworldly amalgamation of Tom Cruise and Kenneth from 30 Rock.

lol, i totaly see that.

He just looks like a douche lol. Constantly grinning 

yes, he does look like a giant douche.

but thats a reason to hate/dislike him?

does he have a super annoying personality?

whats his job?

He's in charge of the Xbox division at Microsoft.  You can watch the E3 stuff.  He's pretty annoying, IMO.

He looks like a perfect representative of everything xbox ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

osamanobama said:
Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:

I hate him.

lol, i totaly see that.

People don't like him because he can be a total noob & totally succesfull at the same time Anyways, Balmer is teh king of MS!

OT:

Microsoft claimed $1.4B in revenue for November on one of their blogs.

I really liked Peter Moore a lot better. But I guess when Don Mattrick replaced him, the console became profitable. But that was at the expense of a lot of first party development.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Out of the total 8.9 million units of Modern Warfare 3 sold in November (a figure supplied by analyst firm Cowen) fewer than 100,000 were for the Wii, and even fewer were for Windows.

PC did worst then expected.

shanbcn said:
Out of the total 8.9 million units of Modern Warfare 3 sold in November (a figure supplied by analyst firm Cowen) fewer than 100,000 were for the Wii, and even fewer were for Windows.

PC did worst then expected.

Retail PC did worst than expected, I'm sure that the digital download sales are much higher. Retail PC game sales are almost dead, most people who buy PC games do it in Steam/GoG/other digital download service, and we do it in high numbers.