By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD November: X360 #1 - 1.7M, PS3 900k~,Wii - 860k, 3DS 795k

pezus said:
shanbcn said:
How much will PS3 sell in December? 1.5m?

How much did it sell last year? 1.5m sounds about right imo

1.2m i think.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
"#NPD Data show Xbox 360 has biggest November ever selling 1.7 Million units in the US alone" -Major Nelson

I don't remember any console selling 1.7 million in one week. Maybe the Wii did it a couple years ago, but I can't remember. That is crazy. That's more then what then did last year. Microsoft just needs more exclusive games. I didn't think it was possible, but they could probably catch the Wii in hardware sales in the USA if the XBox 360 stays on the market after their next Xbox is released in 2013.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) Nintendo - 625k
Rayman Origins (WII, 360, PS3 not in order) Ubisoft - 50k

xbox would have probably eclipse ps3 this year if not for the delay of kinect star wars. upon release it had a big boost but after the news about the delay pushing it to 2012 it died down. that was microsoft holiday killer.

without the delay i could see 2-3 million units being sold overtaking ps3 on black friday but now i'd be shock if it happened.

but with the new dashboard we know that kinect will blow up fast. so we will see...

Wth Rayman...

All those Rabbids games hurt the name.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NotStan said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:

I find it amusing the people that were discrediting VGChartz Halo Reach numbers for a long time are now pulling the NPD doesnt track bundles card just so they can win themselves out of an argument.

Eh, people weren't "discrediting", they just thought it shouldn't be tracked since VGC have never tracked digital sales before. Uncharted 3 is bundled, not with a code but the game disk itself.

He's talking about physical bundles that have been around for some time, it happens in every reach related thread, someone makes a comment like "it's obviously overtracked, since NPD has it lower"

Ah, I see. Has it been bundled a lot though? (non-digital)

Yes, it's had a ton of bundled sales (ioi himself said so)

XanderZane said:
ethomaz said:
"#NPD Data show Xbox 360 has biggest November ever selling 1.7 Million units in the US alone" -Major Nelson

I don't remember any console selling 1.7 million in one week. Maybe the Wii did it a couple years ago, but I can't remember. That is crazy. That's more then what then did last year. Microsoft just needs more exclusive games. I didn't think it was possible, but they could probably catch the Wii in hardware sales in the USA if the XBox 360 stays on the market after their next Xbox is released in 2013.

week?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:

Is it fair to say that Don Mattrick has been the right guy to put the 360 on top?

I hate him.

I'm telling you, he's an otherworldly amalgamation of Tom Cruise and Kenneth from 30 Rock.

lol, i totaly see that.

the resemblance is uncanny.

anyway, why dont people like this guy?

pezus said:
osamanobama said:
Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:

Is it fair to say that Don Mattrick has been the right guy to put the 360 on top?

I hate him.

I'm telling you, he's an otherworldly amalgamation of Tom Cruise and Kenneth from 30 Rock.

lol, i totaly see that.

the resemblance is uncanny.

anyway, why dont people like this guy?

He just looks like a douche lol. Constantly grinning 

yes, he does look like a giant douche.

but thats a reason to hate/dislike him?

does he have a super annoying personality?

whats his job?

see how M$ pushing kinect to its fans...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329176/kinect-functionality-required-in-all-xbox-apps/