By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A modest proposal to solve the homeless problem in America....

Mr Khan said:
SamuelRSmith said:
theprof00 said:
The answer is simple really.
And a good economic solution during times of crisis.

You pay people to do jobs they really don't want to do, like digging holes.
You pay people to dig holes for minimum wage, or prepare lanes for national railway, etc etc.
The vagrants sleep on a railroad card anyway, so you just put the railcart on the rails and have the homeless somewhere in the mid-US building railroads at minimum wage or something like that.

We have people who are digging holes in Iraq and Afghanistan... spending trillions doing so.

Granted in Afghanistan this could be productive in the long run, if by "digging holes" we are referring to broader infrastructural development programs. Afghanistan sits on a fortune of rare earth metals, last i heard.

Actually so far all those holes have gone to the Chinese and Indians in the bidding process.

Around the Network
NinjaguyDan said:

There are enough resources and productivity in the world to provide for the basic needs of everyone alive right now.
Why isn't that happening?

FUCKING GREED! Plain and simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwIZ36po3Y

The rich are our masters and they're total fucking idiots, what does that make us?

That's the worst type of greed! I hate fucking greed. 

My solution is to elect Ron Paul and let him fix it. He knows what he's doing. 

richardhutnik said:

* For basic hygene, people can periodically leave to go shower in private homes.

Hahaha I'll leave that one to you. I don't generally let strangers into my home to use my shower. 

Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:

There are enough resources and productivity in the world to provide for the basic needs of everyone alive right now.

The rich are our masters and they're total fucking idiots, what does that make us?

His "free market" bullshit will only make things worse.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Marks said:
richardhutnik said:

* For basic hygene, people can periodically leave to go shower in private homes.

Hahaha I'll leave that one to you. I don't generally let strangers into my home to use my shower. 

Maybe people can donate to reemburse the city for use of fire hydrants.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
SamuelRSmith said:
theprof00 said:

You pay people to dig holes for minimum wage, or prepare lanes for national railway, etc etc.
The vagrants sleep on a railroad card anyway, so you just put the railcart on the rails and have the homeless somewhere in the mid-US building railroads at minimum wage or something like that.

We have people who are digging holes in Iraq and Afghanistan... spending trillions doing so.

Granted in Afghanistan this could be productive in the long run, if by "digging holes" we are referring to broader infrastructural development programs. Afghanistan sits on a fortune of rare earth metals, last i heard.

Actually so far all those holes have gone to the Chinese and Indians in the bidding process.

Hey, at least it proves you guys didn't just go over there to steal their resources right? =P

NinjaguyDan said:
Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:

LMAO how did you come to that conclusion? You really think continued deficit spending and ineffective social programs are the solution?

You've given that a try for years now and things are worse, how about you guys give capitalism a try? I mean real capitalism i.e. free market. What America has now isn't capitalism. 

Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:

LMAO how did you come to that conclusion? You really think continued deficit spending and ineffective social programs are the solution?

You've given that a try for years now and things are worse, how about you guys give capitalism a try? I mean real capitalism i.e. free market. What America has now isn't capitalism. 

We are at the terminal stage of the Reagan Revolution.  I've been watching it unfold in excruciatingly slow real-time over the last 30 yrs.

And that's where we are.  Blame social programs all you want but it's obvious where the real waste is.

Let's put that in a global perspective

So, if the US is spending as much on defense as all of those countries combined, then we should be able to fight and win a war against all of them simultaneously.  Right?

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Rath said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
SamuelRSmith said:
theprof00 said:

Hey, at least it proves you guys didn't just go over there to steal their resources right? =P

I'd say so, it's the same for Iraq actually, most the deals are going chinese.  Hey I'm not sayin it's a bad thing.  Countries like Afghanistan need to make the best deals for Afghanistan.

NinjaguyDan said:
Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:
Marks said:
NinjaguyDan said:

We are at the terminal stage of the Reagan Revolution.  I've been watching it unfold in excruciatingly slow real-time over the last 30 yrs.

And that's where we are.  Blame social programs all you want but it's obvious where the real waste is.

Let's put that in a global perspective

So, if the US is spending as much on defense as all of those countries combined, then we should be able to fight and win a war against all of them simultaneously.  Right?

I hope someone tries to answer this.