By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CES 2008: Sony Lists MGS4 as 'Exclusive'

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165279

CES 2008: Sony Lists MGS4 as 'Exclusive'

Dismissing rumors of an Xbox 360 port...for now.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/07/2008

While traversing the CES 2008 show floor, we came across a demonstration of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for PlayStation 3. We're told it's the same demo as the hands-on kiosks at the Tokyo Game Show and E for All events last fall, but running on a separate screen above the demo was a running list of PS3 facts. Among these random facts was additional confirmation that Sony considers MGS4 a PS3 exclusive release.

Will the Xbox 360 port rumors ever die? Probably not, but at CES 2008, Sony' maintains you'll have to pick up their machine to finish Snake's journey.

I agree with the 1st post.....when it comes to MGS4, exclusivity rumors have been more the talk of the town than the actual game itself. i never really understood the XBox fans and the media in general concerning this; seeing as the 360 has plenty of third party exclusives in Bioshock, Mass Effect and NG2, you'd think it would be agreed upon that PS3 needs MGS4 at this point. but the rumor won't die. whats a shame is the rumor will probably persist, even when Konami announces that the next mgs is exclusive too.. if kojima's subordinates decide to go that route...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

MGS4 IS a PS3 exclusive. Konami themselves said so.

To be honest, Im starting to get this love for the rumor kills about this game.

It feels so wrong, yet so right.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

We'll just have to wait and see. The thing is, Konami execs have talked about the possibility of porting the game before, I think that's why the rumors are so rampant. Plus Ninja Gaiden 2 is being published by Microsoft, and as for the other two, a certain analyst who won't be named seems to insist that they'll be ported.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

I want this game so bad.

My most wanted games right now...

1. MGS4
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. SSBB
4. Zelda Wii (which will probably jump to #1 the second a screen or trailer pops up)
5. God of War 3
6. Mario Kart Wii

Around the Network

I am actually enjoying the show of "MGS4 is coming to 360!-No it's not!-Yes it is!"

They want this game so badly on their console, it's a shame that to play it a PS3 must be involved in the process :D

If Microsoft really wants it, trust me they'll get it, they shelled out 50 million just for exclusive GTA content and I think it will take less to persuade Konami.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

makingmusic476 said:
I want this game so bad.

My most wanted games right now...

1. MGS4
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. SSBB
4. Zelda Wii (which will probably jump to #1 the second a screen or trailer pops up)
5. God of War 3
6. Mario Kart Wii

was god of war 3 announced??

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I think that is what is killing the gaming industry! Companies like MS throwing money around instead of focusing on what matters, great games!

If it was just money that mattered to Konami then i think MGS4 would have been multiplat from the start... Its a bit more than that i'm afraid ;)