By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Mario Kart is the best?

Mario Kart's finest hour?

Super Mario Kart (Snes) 23 11.27%

Mario Kart 64 (N64) 41 20.10%

Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) 2 0.98%

Mario Kart Double Dash!! (NGC) 27 13.24%

Mario Kart DS (NDS) 19 9.31%

Mario Kart Wii (PSP) 46 22.55%

Mario Kart 7 (3DS) 46 22.55%

Total:204

My fav is the PSP version, finally got to play MK without having to get a yucky Nintendo console! :D

Around the Network

i voted for Double Dash, but MK 64 was a VERY close second

I definately think Super Mario Kart on the Snes is the best, it all wen't downhill from there. After that courses have been too wide and luck and "cheating" have played too much a part of all games. With that I mean that driving skill has almost been taken out of the equation, the overall goal seems to be to have tight and unpredictable races instead.

Stupid items like the blue shell (that somehow magically occur more frequently the bigger lead you have) are specifically designed for this, meaning that you can't really build up a good lead even if you are racing perfectly. Some people might like this but I definately don't.

Gab said:
I definately think Super Mario Kart on the Snes is the best, it all wen't downhill from there. After that courses have been too wide and luck and "cheating" have played too much a part of all games. With that I mean that driving skill has almost been taken out of the equation, the overall goal seems to be to have tight and unpredictable races instead.

Stupid items like the blue shell (that somehow magically occur more frequently the bigger lead you have) are specifically designed for this, meaning that you can't really build up a good lead even if you are racing perfectly. Some people might like this but I definately don't.

I've never had this problem at least not in Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash.  Most of the time, I would gain a considerable lead especially while playing against only AI opponents. In those games, there wasn't much that hit you while in first place so the occasionnal blue shell added excitement.

Signature goes here!

You fucked your poll up!!! lol @ Mario Kart Wii (PSP)

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Gab said:

I've never had this problem at least not in Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash.  Most of the time, I would gain a considerable lead especially while playing against only AI opponents. In those games, there wasn't much that hit you while in first place so the occasionnal blue shell added excitement.

I'd have to agree with you on driving skill being able to still maintain a lead over the less skilled drivers.  Back during Double Dash days while I was still in college a person would have to be pretty decent to keep up with me and my friends.  If a Kart noob was to attempt to play with us they would usually end up pretty far behind even with the massive helper items for last place people.  Sure the items can allow lesser skilled people to win the race but if you have the tracks down then you can count on being close to the top no matter how many items are flying around.

Lolz... Mario Kart Wii only for PSP!!!

By far the best!

The original is one of my favorite games ever. I was so happy the first time I won special cup 150cc with max points hehe. And it's still great to play to this day. The rest are just average or slightly above average racers in my opinion.

Wii.

No love for MK Wii? I would vote for that. But what does it matter? Mario Kart 8 for Wii U is going to be the best in the series and they will finally fix battle mode.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .