By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like the PS2 will hold one more record forever!

I think a lot of software records PS2 might hold onto for awhile. This is also considering that we don't have all PS2 software sales fully recorded which means it probably has a lot more million sellers than listed on the site.

Around the Network

I could easily see a problem with the current foundation.
360 is most popular in America, meaning it's really easy to track those sales. If you're getting definite sales for 60-70% of the software sales, it's easy street.
When your sales are only maybe 40-50% of the easily tracked market, it becomes more difficult.
Just for fun, 10-20% less tracking capability would result in 99-108 million sellers, with highest disparity 40/70 making it 117.
I just haven't had time to look up the actual salesbase in each region.
Just a fun thought.

Yeah like for example I went to India in 2009 and went to a game store and people were buying the most random PS2 games...

I wonder if those sales are noted...

Man, PS2 rapes all. Im surprised that Wii and PS3 numbers are so close, considering that PS3 was getting served so badly and Wii was doing so well. Its downright strange. And DS should have been doing a hell of alot better than any of the home consoles considering how much better it sold.

lordmandeep said:
Yeah like for example I went to India in 2009 and went to a game store and people were buying the most random PS2 games...

I wonder if those sales are noted...

Actual or pirated games? India (and other nations around it) sell mainly pirated PS2 games.

Around the Network

next gen. will be a sight to see.

Is this based on the number of games that have surpassed 1 million sales on all the platforms? The OP isn't clear enough.

I think about some change that include sales in japan..

Didnt a lot of PS/PS2 games became million sellers? And this gen, how many (PS3) games has sold over 1M? FFXIII.

The PS2 isn't still going though? You'd have to be a nut-case to get one so late, unless you can't find any other way to play your old PS2 games.

ps2 is God, we all know this

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype