By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Are The Best Cities and Towns In Gaming?

Yeah, Mirror's Edge is an absolutely beautiful game. It makes me wish I actually could have really gone off the beaten path and explored the city. There was so much potential in the design of the game.

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:

Oh, goodness. I hate Mirror's Edge screenshots. It always makes me want to play the game. Yet, I know I hate it T___T. Why do all the bad games have to look so awesome?

I don't know what game you're thinking of, Mirror's Edge is awesome. ;-D

Rainbird said:

Just one of many, the city in Mirror's Edge:

It manages to feel so alive, yet dead; so colorful, yet grey; so beautiful, yet dangerous.

It's a playground that is hard to match when you couple it with the gameplay of Mirror's Edge.

This! I loved loved loved Mirror's Edge's visuals. The city is made of only a few colors but it looks so vibrant.

Signature goes here!

MontanaHatchet said:

Yeah, Mirror's Edge is an absolutely beautiful game. It makes me wish I actually could have really gone off the beaten path and explored the city. There was so much potential in the design of the game.

If Mirror's Edge 2 is an open world game set in the same city, it would be a dream come true! ^_^

Rainbird said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If Mirror's Edge 2 is an open world game set in the same city, it would be a dream come true! ^_^

If Mirror's Edge 2 is made at all I'll be happy.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

It has the most unimaginative name ever, but SkyTown from Metroid Prime 3 is nice. Interesting lore, great music, yadda yadda yadda.

The titular city in Neverwinter Nights and Gilneas from World of Warcraft are also up there.

Jacinto, Gears of War.

TruckOSaurus said:
Rainbird said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If Mirror's Edge 2 is made at all I'll be happy.

Hehe, true.

Gotta second Mirror's Edge!

But I'm sure I could find an epic town in a RPG if I think real hard.

The best is Leá Monde from Vagrant Story, the city is the game

honorable mention: Fourside, Earthbound. Coming out of the tunnel and arriving in fourside for the first time with the iconic music playing is still awesome.