By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

maybe the graph was for WW or smth??

suberb for Xbox360, awesome for Wii and 3DS, passable for Zelda

Mario and OoT both did about 10k below launch week in USA, awesome!! : )

also, seems I was right to promote Skylanders all along, Wii version alone did 55k this week, still rising in Europe
about 100k this week across 4 platforms, in USA alone!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:

Fantastic Wii and 360 numbers. 3DS with solid numbers, and Mario with a good hold. Disappointing for Zelda though.. though OoT does some fantastic numbers!!!!

If I'm not wrong the OoT bundle was out for BF, that should've helped.

benao87 said:
kopstudent89 said:

Fantastic Wii and 360 numbers. 3DS with solid numbers, and Mario with a good hold. Disappointing for Zelda though.. though OoT does some fantastic numbers!!!!

If I'm not wrong the OoT bundle was out for BF, that should've helped.

They could give out every Zelda copy for free for all I care, as long as the numbers are high :P

I guess we will have to wait a little longer to get the info... Just to be sure.

Reasonable said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
PS3 YoY US up 77K to 388K
PS3 YoY Japan down 25K to 40K
PS3 YoY WW up 32K to 800K

So that means PS3 Europe had to go up a decent amount YoY in Europe even though last year was GT5 launch week. Sorry dont buy it.

how do you know this?

Looking at last years numbers. 

PS3 311K US
PS3 65K Japan
PS3 267K Europe
PS3 768K WW

Compared to opening post that says PS3 800K with 388K US and Media Create said 40K Japan.

so what dont you like about it?

He is saying that PS3 can't be up YoY in europe this week because it had GT5 launch last year the same week.

A price cut is more universally appealing than a single game.  TBH I can't make head nor tail of numbers as stuff keeps changing - as Kow says all over the play currently.

However, I wouldn't find it too hard to believe the price cut pushed PS3 up YOY in Europe.  Even in UK it probably pushed it up a bit and outside UK probably more.

Seece said it was a bad estimate likely because of adjustments.  No way did the PS3 nearly double WoW without any event.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Seems 360 was adjusted up last week from 416k to 461k.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

That's some impressive HW numbers, especially for 360 and Wii. The 3DS version of Sonic Generations did quite well. I wish Zelda did a bit better...

thx1139 said:
Reasonable said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:

So that means PS3 Europe had to go up a decent amount YoY in Europe even though last year was GT5 launch week. Sorry dont buy it.

how do you know this?

PS3 311K US
PS3 65K Japan
PS3 267K Europe
PS3 768K WW

Compared to opening post that says PS3 800K with 388K US and Media Create said 40K Japan.

He is saying that PS3 can't be up YoY in europe this week because it had GT5 launch last year the same week.

A price cut is more universally appealing than a single game.  TBH I can't make head nor tail of numbers as stuff keeps changing - as Kow says all over the play currently.

However, I wouldn't find it too hard to believe the price cut pushed PS3 up YOY in Europe.  Even in UK it probably pushed it up a bit and outside UK probably more.

Seece said it was a bad estimate likely because of adjustments.  No way did the PS3 nearly double WoW without any event.

As I said I'm not speaking to the numbers directly as they seem to keep changing, just pointing out the price cut could easily enable the PS3 to be up in Europe.  How much up?  Guess we'll see when the refresh stuff finally finishes.  You were implying that nothing had changed for the PS3 other than the fact it didn't have GT5, I was just pointing out that it has had a price cut.  I note Kow pointed out the same thing a few posts later.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
thx1139 said:
Reasonable said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:
kowenicki said:
thx1139 said:

how do you know this?

PS3 311K US
PS3 65K Japan
PS3 267K Europe
PS3 768K WW

As I said I'm not speaking to the numbers directly as they seem to keep changing, just pointing out the price cut could easily enable the PS3 to be up in Europe.  How much up?  Guess we'll see when the refresh stuff finally finishes.  You were implying that nothing had changed for the PS3 other than the fact it didn't have GT5, I was just pointing out that it has had a price cut.  I note Kow pointed out the same thing a few posts later.

Understood, but the price cut didnt happen this week it happened months ago. To hit the 800K WW number the jump would have to have been from last weeks 151K to around 300K in Europe this week.  Nothing occurred this week this year. Last year the same week over week change was from 147K to 267K with GT5 releasing. Year before PS3 went from 184K to 200K. I expect this year to be more like 2009 not 2010 even with the price change that happend a couple months back.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Reasonable said:
thx1139 said:

Understood, but the price cut didnt happen this week it happened months ago. To hit the 800K WW number the jump would have to have been from last weeks 151K to around 300K in Europe this week.  Nothing occurred this week this year. Last year the same week over week change was from 147K to 267K with GT5 releasing. Year before PS3 went from 184K to 200K. I expect this year to be more like 2009 not 2010 even with the price change that happend a couple months back.

Probably more than 300k it'd need, US 390 + Japan 30k + OA 40k? = 340k EMEAA