ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
I'm a little confuse with the new VGC... so I can talk just about US:

360 - AMAZING
Wii - Meh
PS3 - Better then I expected

huh?!

surely the wii is better than everyone expected and the PS3 is... well... meh?

I expected more from Wiii and less from PS3 after Microsoft news... just it.

You were expecting less for the PS3?

Ok, whatever you want to beleive so you feel better with those numbers.

Well... I checked my prediction and it was 450k for PS3 in Americas... I never splited it to US only but using the 86% factor I have 380k... on spot .

That's prediction was before Microsft numbers... after that I changed it for 350k (Americas)... so PS3 sold a little more like my first prediction.

Ok so I'm lost here. According to your last post and your first prediction, you were indeed spot on with the PS3 numbers.  Now, aplying that the same 86% factor you name, you had Wii at 344k, and X360 at 602k (I'm I right?) Now if Wii is at 641k, and X360 is at 961k, that means that Wii exceeded your expectations by a 86% more or less, and X360 just at 59%. Then again, why you try so hard to make Wii look meh.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Around the Network

the love gets evenly spread in the uk a bit more it seems

shouldn't this thread have been titled USA when it went up and not WW or we having one thread a week for the sales now,we don't want to ruin all the fun

Above & Beyond

benao87 said:
ethomaz said:
benao87 said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
I'm a little confuse with the new VGC... so I can talk just about US:

360 - AMAZING
Wii - Meh
PS3 - Better then I expected

huh?!

surely the wii is better than everyone expected and the PS3 is... well... meh?

I expected more from Wiii and less from PS3 after Microsoft news... just it.

You were expecting less for the PS3?

Ok, whatever you want to beleive so you feel better with those numbers.

Well... I checked my prediction and it was 450k for PS3 in Americas... I never splited it to US only but using the 86% factor I have 380k... on spot .

That's prediction was before Microsft numbers... after that I changed it for 350k (Americas)... so PS3 sold a little more like my first prediction.

Ok so I'm lost here. According to your last post and your first prediction, you were indeed spot on with the PS3 numbers.  Now, aplying that the same 86% factor you name, you had Wii at 344k, and X360 at 602k (I'm I right?) Now if Wii is at 641k, and X360 is at 961k, that means that Wii exceeded your expectations by a 86% more or less, and X360 just at 59%. Then again, why you try so hard to make Wii look meh.

Because the Wii was the only console supposed to sell like the PS2... the numbers are Meh compared to Wii/PS2.... GREAT compared to 360/PS3.

I had high hopes with the Wii... My second favorite console this gen (the first one I bought).

ioi said:
Tridrakious said:
These changes that are going on must be hell for the staff. I wonder how many people will stay the entire time through. Things haven't been working properly since the changes began last week? Two weeks ago? Whenever the changes started.

I come to this site for numbers and the numbers aren't even getting posted in the proper weeks or as what was early...ahem...month. I can understand this is a very challenging time for everyone, trying to get everything working. But these growing pains are hurting the people who come here for the numbers.

Let's face it, the article writing is not the best. I'm not saying that anything or everything I type up here or for my site is perfect, but I can tell you that not many people (if any) come here for the articles. We come for the numbers and predictions and right now this site is sinking on that.

VGChartz.com is right now VG.com and I'm sure that has been taken. I hope everything gets taken care of soon, because these numbers just seem so thrown together.

I can't make sense of a single sentence you have written?

He's complaining that the hardware numbers are taking too long because of the new changes, the article writing argument has no real merit considering it's an online community and you should expect to find that everywhere, worse in some places because well my friend, it is the internet and we all have access to it... Even people who cant read and write, at all.... Just sayin.
I'm sure the numbers will get quickly uploaded once the updates are finished, be patient, it isn't like you're paying for it.

zuvuyeay said:
the love gets evenly spread in the uk a bit more it seems

shouldn't this thread have been titled USA when it went up and not WW or we having one thread a week for the sales now,we don't want to ruin all the fun

Seece created this thread with what he thought was the WW numbers initially, those numbers were off though. I dont think anyone else had access to those numbers :/ not sure. Only now we are getting region specific numbers. So technically ww numbers isnt up yet.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
benao87 said:

Because the Wii was the only console supposed to sell like the PS2... the numbers are Meh compared to Wii/PS2.... GREAT compared to 360/PS3.

I had high hopes with the Wii... My second favorite console this gen (the first one I bought).

You need to stop digging here....  The wii figures are almost DOUBLE your prediction, much higher than most of this site predicted... and yet they are meh?    

Dunno why you lot are remotely surprised

Wii is not meh, it's a dying console yet managed to have its best Black Friday (day) ever, and is up yoy. Not sure how anyone can say that's meh amd under 400k for PS3 is great ....

I honestly doubt vgchartz ps3 numbers in the USA. Every retailer in america was carrying the same bundle with lbp3 and the ratchet and clank game and honestly the ps3 bundle was the hottest console on the market this year. every one of the stores in my area sold out of them in minutes. yet if the charts are to be believed only about 150,000 of that bundle was made. Did that mean that only maybe 5 bundles was sent to each store or something then?

Donutsticks said:
I honestly doubt vgchartz ps3 numbers in the USA. Every retailer in america was carrying the same bundle with lbp3 and the ratchet and clank game and honestly the ps3 bundle was the hottest console on the market this year. every one of the stores in my area sold out of them in minutes. yet if the charts are to be believed only about 150,000 of that bundle was made. Did that mean that only maybe 5 bundles was sent to each store or something then?

Here's a clue - if the console is doing the least hottest of all three for the whole year in that region, to what end would it make sense to overstock on that console for the duration of the holidays? Wii always dominates holidays without a fail, X360 have also recently began to do very well in the holiday seasons, so it makes sense to stock up on those, PS3 however always pulled mediocre numbers in US with the exception of the release of Slim, which saw drastic change.

You say it sold out because less of them were shipped, simple as that. A store may ship 200 360's but only 50 PS3's, the demand may not have been anticipated or there was a really small shipment to begin with, some people really need to learn to hypothesise, but I am guessing it's just a troll or alt account.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Donutsticks said:

Depends on stocking position though.  It's pretty easy to imagine in US most stores would simply have more stock of 360 than PS3 due to regional preference.  If a store has 100 PS3s and sells out that's great but if the same store had stock of 150 360s and sold out then while demand looks (and is technically) high for each console the 360 still has a higher actual unit demand/sales.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

So that leave about 299K left for the rest of the world to have wii over 1M.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d