By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Upcoming MS/Sony/Nintendo's fiscal quarter reports

I just did a quick check in the three companies' investor relations page, and here is the timeline for the release of each fiscal report for the holidays quarter:

Microsoft - Jan. 24

Sony - Jan. 31 17:20 Japanese time (maybe even 15:00 if it's included in the "related materials")

Nintendo - Jan. 24

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I can't wait to see the result. Thanks the for the heads-up, NJ5!

I suspect if you like short term trading your best bet would be to buy a ton of Nintendo Stock asap and set its sell price at 10% above what you bought it for on January 24th ...

I hope someone posts them up on the news page, preferably with proper links to Sony/MS/Ninty reports (usually PDF files).
I never found a proper report from MS last time, and the Sony one was a bit vague but findable.
Nintendo I used the press website but i'm unsure if it will work now [it said the password would expire Dec 31st]

TWRoO said:
I hope someone posts them up on the news page, preferably with proper links to Sony/MS/Ninty reports (usually PDF files).
I never found a proper report from MS last time, and the Sony one was a bit vague but findable.
Nintendo I used the press website but i'm unsure if it will work now [it said the password would expire Dec 31st]

They're legally obligated to have it viewable to the public, and most publicly traded companies put their releases on their website under "investor's Relations"

Around the Network

I'm wondering the amount of SCE loss and if MS H&E will post a profit ...
I'm waiting

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
I'm wondering the amount of SCE loss and if MS H&E will post a profit ...
I'm waiting

As far as I've thought about it, those are in fact the two most interesting things to come out from the financial reports. It will also be interesting to see shipped numbers, and if Sony changes their PS3 shipment forecasts for the fiscal year.

"And the truth shall set you free."

I can't wait to see the spin - I need to be sitting down to avoid getting dizzy from the amount of spin coming ...

They can't spin but so much Madskillz. Well at least with these reports, there would be repercussions.

Any bets on how much Sony/Microsoft will profit/lose on their gaming divisions?

I say Sony will probably lose between $500 million and $1 billion (enormous price cut in Europe, plus smaller price cuts in other markets, game development costs on delayed games, increased marketing).

Microsoft will probably be between losing $200 million and making $300 million (the 360 should be profitable per-hardware-unit right now, and software sales were very good during the quarter).

Oh, another thing which will be interesting to see is whether the gaming division makes Sony unprofitable as a whole, but I have no idea about that since I don't follow their other business sections.