By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword's control scheme too complicated?

Well... I love this new control scheme. I can't imagine if Skyward use Classic Controller, maybe this game "just" like a another Zelda games. I don't had any problem with that, but come on guys! I don't know if you ever play another complicated games like Skyrim or Fallout, nobody complain how complicated this games and they love it!

Around the Network

The controls in Skyward Sword are fantastic. The ability to upgrade items, and the stamina meter are great improvements. And the Wii remote with the button layout is default for noobs that don't know much about games or the system. I personally have it all set to pro (off). Except for me just sucking at WM+ sword fighting, I love every little bit of this game sofar.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I remember one game, his name was the first 4 Tomb Raider.

Skyward Sword has a complicated control scheme, because it's a massive game.
Sometimes people forgot these term.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
I remember one game, his name was the first 4 Tomb Raider.

Skyward Sword has a complicated control scheme, because it's a massive game.
Sometimes people forgot these term.

You must not have played one of those many "press x" to win games from current gen.

You just wait for prompt that tells you what you press. You only really need 1 button for such game :)

Galaki said:
It took me forever to learn that, I could swipe the wiimote from left to right to make Link swing the sword from left to right. Why couldn't they just put that on a button? That's way too complicated swinging the controller around just to get the toon on screen to follow.

HAHAHAHA, nice one =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Maybe they are playing like this guy, and that's the reason they think is too complicated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFt0uhQoOqM

The only time I've been frustrated with the controls is when controlling the harp whilst trying to precisely follow something along. I'm more inclined to believe that's down to me sucking at it rather than it being a problem with the controls though.

VGChartz

Suddenly, the name "Level1Death" makes a lot more sense.

like someone pointed out if you don't know how to play the game there is something wrong with you not the game!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I didn't read the whole thing and I haven't played Skyward Sword yet but I had to stop reading after he complained about the the controller being displayed on screen like it was something new. Even since Ocarina of Time, Zelda games have displayed controls in the UI. Sure OoT didn't have a picture of the N64 controller but you still had the A, B and C buttons constantly on screen.

Signature goes here!