By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i buy Skyrim? I did not like Oblivion or New Vegas

Should i get skyrim for the 360?

Yes it's a fun game 48 59.26%

No it's boring 21 25.93%

maybe, the game has its ups and downs 12 14.81%

Total:81

imo, it really feels more like morrowind than oblivion.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

its hard to imagine people liking skyrim if they didn't like oblivion as it is the same gameplay and set in the same fantasy world

but no harm in giving it a go if you are thinking about it,it is definitely worth popping into skyrim if you like a fantasy rpg world and doing quests

Above & Beyond

I think only thing that improved compared to Oblivion are the voice-actors (still quite a lack of em), character customization, music and character models. It's also visually more pleasing than Oblivion, imo.

Side-quests are still very boring, you just go to Dungeon A to kill monster B or Collect 10 pieces of item X or bring object A to person B. If you like doing errands then u will love it.

Also it is still very light in roleplaying, but heavy on loot-collecting and exploration if that's your thing in RPGs.

great game, buy it. if you hate it, quit gaming

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I believe it's their best game, I heard the PC game (What I have) is better than the 360,(Update is needed or U have to download something for it to work), I didn't like Oblivion or fallout, Skyrim is a game fun to play, but U don't get a good story from Bethesda just yet, maybe in the future, I am a fan of JRPG, This is the first western game that I liked though

Around the Network

@OP: I couldn't stand Oblivion and wasteland games aren't my thing, but after watching my brother play Skyrim, I'm convinced it's an awesome game. You should get it. I'll be waiting until they fix some of the bugs or a GOTY edition comes out........or until I can't stand not having.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I tried new vegas and oblivion for a bit,but could'nt get into it. Those kind of games just aren't my thing.

Skyrim wasn't that much different from Oblivion in my opinion. They simplified a lot of things which I think makes the game more accessible and enjoyable.

If you're really curious give it a shot, but you probably won't enjoy it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

zuvuyeay said:
its hard to imagine people liking skyrim if they didn't like oblivion as it is the same gameplay and set in the same fantasy world

but no harm in giving it a go if you are thinking about it,it is definitely worth popping into skyrim if you like a fantasy rpg world and doing quests

Beside being open world I dont think they are that similar personally.

I didn't like Oblivion but I love Skyrim. People who already liked Oblivion will think the changes are smalll, but people who didn't like Oblivion will definitely care. I'll list a few changes. See if these matter to you:

-Combat is faster and more visceral due to an increase in damage, much better animation, and a much more active camera, adding weight to your blows. Similarly, magic is tied to your hands now instead of just shot off with face buttons, making it heavier and a more full-featured part of the combat. Third person view is now useful as well. 

-Voice acting is now good, there are dozens of different NPC models so they aren't cookie cutter, individual stories of people and towns are fleshed out and full-featured, and side content is just as good as the main quest. You can make different decisions and do different quests on different playthroughs, dramatically changing the experience between them. 

-The content in the world is better paced, and the world feels much more sculpted and alive (less like something that could have been made in a map editor). 

-There are more activites you can do, such as mining, hunting, and crafting. Alchemy and Enchanting have both been improved as well.

For more detailed information, read my full review on gamrReview here: http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/49112/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/