By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: The PS Vita can remote play any PS3 game

I felt like this deserved a bit of attention.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-ps3-firmware-to-enable-vita-remote-play-for-all-games

A future PlayStation 3 firmware update will enable Vita Remote Play on all games, Eurogamer has learnt.

However, this will be only at the PlayStation Portable 480x272 resolution, which will be upscaled to fill the screen.

For future games, developers will be able to include Vita specific 480p modes, Eurogamer understands.

Vita's OLED display is actually capable of displaying games at 960×544 pixel resolution.

Vita Remote Play is how Sony's new handheld interacts with the PS3.

In a Tokyo Game Show demonstration Sony's Shuhei Yoshida played a brief section of Killzone 3 streamed into the device from a PlayStation 3 unit, noting how a few of the Dual Shock buttons missing on the Vita are mapped to the touchscreen.

Vita can also be used in co-operative play with PS3 games. While a colleague played through a specially constructed LittleBigPlanet 2 level with a Dual Shock controller, Yoshida controlled an aeroplane via the Vita's touch screen, helping Sackboy reach his goal by altering the environment.

Sony declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer.

Around the Network

I approve :P ... Sounds really good. I'm still waiting till they put out a model that has video out though. I want to be able to plug my vita into the tv and play on a bigscreen if i'm home. That gives a lot more value to the game for me personally.. And helps justifying the purchase :P

Check out my game about moles ^

It's like morning wood in the middle of the day! I'm just gonna sit here for a minute....say the alphabet backwards. Probably think about baseball.

Put the rumorang on it, it hasn't been confirmed it seems.

Yeah, judging from Sony's past, this may or may not be true..... I wouldn't put to much stock into it,

Around the Network

Rumor!? What about my penis? I got an erection based on false pretenses?

Not a new thing

this feature was available on PSP too

d21lewis said:
Rumor!? What about my penis? I got an erection based on false pretenses?

It was a trick! An elaborate cocktease!

snakenobi said:
Not a new thing

this feature was available on PSP too

Only partially, as games have to be built with the feature for it to work on the PSP. If this is true, the Vita can remotely play any PS3 game!

My first though was "what about Move games?"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?