By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best movie of the year!

gamingdevil said:
First off, i'd like to hear what was so awful about Number 23!!! Grrr!!

watch it and then you'll know :)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
gamingdevil said:

Since i said it was my favourite it means i've had already watched it AND loved it. The story, the acting... everything was so awesome! (except from the ending!)

gamingdevil said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
gamingdevil said:

Since i said it was my favourite it means i've had already watched it AND loved it. The story, the acting... everything was so awesome! (except from the ending!)

i know a girl who really liked it too. for me it was one of the worst things i've ever seen.

but thats okay, i don't want to fight with you giorgos :P

I don't know if this thread is about 2007 or 2008. No Country for Old Men is out now and the other 2 the host picked were out in 2007. I think he means 2007 so I will go with, Transformers for best action movie. I didn't really see and serious films in 2007. Hmm strange.

First off, I am kwaad. So my vote counts 3 times.
And becuase the name of the Movie I vote for is 300. We need to do some math
300*3 = 900.

300 is the most popular movie of 2007 becuase of it's numerical number, and Kwaads overly high vote count.

Seriously tho. I own 2 copies of 300, and when WB feels like releasing BatMan on BluRay, I will likely buy 2 copies of that too. (why 2? becuase I keep one un-opened, just to be a snob)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

My top three:

American Gangster

Bourne Ultimatum

Live Free or Die Hard

Pan's Labyrinth is my favourite for 2007 and one of my favourite movies of all time.

Juno
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouie (spelling?)

I suspect There Will Be Blood will be a favourite after I see it.

Number 23 was fun but it's no Citizen Kane if you take my drift. And you want to leave those cosmic numbers alone...

Edit: forgot Bourne Ultimatium

gamingdevil said:

Well I have only seen the advert on telly, but here are a few reasons it is my worst film of the year:

1. 2 divided by 3 does not equal .666. And has nothing to do with the number 23.

2. The numbers in 9/11/2001 do not add up to 23. They add up to 2021.

And thats just the advert... 

I'm honestly not sure why anyone would knock 300 :D It had everything I wanted out of an action movie XD, a compelling story, characters you just fall in love with ( <3 you Leonitas ;-; ), some of the best fighting I've ever seen in a movie and no Parkinson's camera!!! (you could actually see the action ^_^ ), and some classic dialog with enough charisma to make your spine shiver. If people want to knock it for not being realistic then perhaps they should know that it was based off a graphic novel <_< which was supposed to be... I dunno... graphic?

I forgot about Batman Begins :D was that this year? 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.