By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Best movie of the year!

1. Number 23 (AWESOME!!!)
2. Golden Compass
3. Ratatouille
(Very distant) 4. Resident Evil Extinction

As for the worst it's GOT to be Saw IV!!

Around the Network
redspear said:
Bodhesatva said:
redspear said:
Gwoemul (The Host) came out in 2006 in Korea but 2007 in the US but only limited Release. There Will be Blood came out in 2007 in limited release teh last week of 2007.

Clearly, this is all going to depend on what standard you use for measurement on a film's release date. I hardly think it's worth arguing about, really.

I know but i have a lot of asian friends since I live in San Francisco. hence my hatred of The Departed which while I feel is great movie but aside from chanignt the setting from Hong Kong to Boston was essentially taken shot for shot from Infernal Affairs with no credit given to the original with Scorsese going so far to call it experimental film making. If he would of credited the original film I would have respected his film. THis makes me fear teh remake for The Host.

Actually, I thought the Departed was significantly better than Infernal Affairs (I saw Infernal Affairs before Departed existed). The love story in IA was... bizarre, to say the least. Felt completely artificial and unnecessary. Also very sudden. The whole movie ended rather akwardly. 

The alterations made to that love story were dramatic and entirely succesful, in my opinion. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

V for Vendetta was good too
Ratatouille also

worst movie of 2007 :

300 + Transformers

Time to Work !

Transformers
Live Free or Die Hard

still haven't seen sweeney todd and probably won't but I hope it's good.

gamingdevil said:
1. Number 23 (AWESOME!!!)
2. Golden Compass
3. Ratatouille
(Very distant) 4. Resident Evil Extinction

As for the worst it's GOT to be Saw IV!!

number 23 are you serious? dear god, what a horrible movie. knocked up is my favourite movie of the year :)

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
redspear said:
Bodhesatva said:
redspear said:
Gwoemul (The Host) came out in 2006 in Korea but 2007 in the US but only limited Release. There Will be Blood came out in 2007 in limited release teh last week of 2007.

Clearly, this is all going to depend on what standard you use for measurement on a film's release date. I hardly think it's worth arguing about, really.

I know but i have a lot of asian friends since I live in San Francisco. hence my hatred of The Departed which while I feel is great movie but aside from chanignt the setting from Hong Kong to Boston was essentially taken shot for shot from Infernal Affairs with no credit given to the original with Scorsese going so far to call it experimental film making. If he would of credited the original film I would have respected his film. THis makes me fear teh remake for The Host.

Actually, I thought the Departed was significantly better than Infernal Affairs (I saw Infernal Affairs before Departed existed). The love story in IA was... bizarre, to say the least. Felt completely artificial and unnecessary. Also very sudden. The whole movie ended rather akwardly. 

The alterations made to that love story were dramatic and entirely succesful, in my opinion. 

I felt the opposite. It felt forced to me that they made the love interest the same for both moles in the departed. I also preferred the acting of the moles in IA to Leo and Matt. That said I like Alec Baldwins character but felt mark Wahlberg was bit much. However since you have seen both films you have to agree that the most powerful scenes were ripped from the asian film like the "lawyer" scene, The theater Scene, The roof top scene, The discovery scene, The elevator scene. The only part it kind of seperates is the begining, The hollywoodized ending and switching Thais and drugs to Chinese and microchips( Departed also intergrates some of IA 2 and 3). As I said the main thing for me is that Scorsese did not acknowledge the previous film.

The Bourne Ultimatum

Its rare that sequels are equal or superior to the originals but this is one film series that has managed to maintain its tone, mood, style and setting whilst moving to story in a forward direction.

Spider-man 3 failed miserably and I never believed Saw IV would come close

saw iv!!

one of the best ever!! (and discusting~)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

The only movie I really liked that has an IMDB date of 2007 was "Shoot 'Em Up".

That being said, 2007 was a crappy year for movies. I thought "The Bourne Ultimatum" was the most boring film of the trilogy.