By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official New Hampshire Primary Thread of Independents, Snow, and Fun

any new updates at all?

Around the Network

Looks like McCain won.

Clinton is probably going to win, although its very very close.

No real surprises.  Paul beat another 'national' candidate though - Thompson, as expected.  Could beat Guiliani again too.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Clinton was just declared the winner by the AP and CNN.

Onwards to Michigan!

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Well, Obama and Clinton are showing this will be a tight race. I see Edwards likely becoming the vice president for another presidential race.

Around the Network

I am so happy for Clinton, she deserved a win

I like both Obama and Clinton so I would like to see either of them as the president

PDF said:
I think Clinton has it now on the Dem side. The rest of the stops wont be as coffe shop stop type places. I think Hillary like Guiliani has a better brand name and that is a bit more important when you cant get around to see everyone.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusion,s, Clinton's margin of victory was small, and 48 states remain, if she can't muster bigger support Obama can easily cruise by her, Edit :Michigan actually has been stripped of all of its delegates apparantly for the dems because of moving its date

Remeber the dems use propotional awarding of Delgates 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

SSPOrSK said:
Pretty much kills Pauls campaign. Thompson, Hunter, Richardson and Kucinich should di-di-mao now.

Agreed. Paul was counting on large numbers of young voters, independents and first-time voters. This is two states now that he has failed to deliver -- and nobody can now claim that people under 30 and independents are not turning out for the primaries -- they have, in record numbers! (participation in the Democratic Iowa caucuses showed near double that of 2004.) Don't forget that independents can, in New Hampshire, vote in either primary -- and they have overwhelmingly chosen Democrats and rejected Ron Paul.

I love Kucinich, but I think he's just in the race to gain a forum in debates.. It would be a good time for Richardson to drop out if he wants to save face.

It's far from over on the Democratic side. Hillary barely won New Hampshire, and Obama has come closer and closer. Just a few months ago, Hillary was the heir apparent. Obama could quite possibly win the next few and make it interesting.

Regardless of the next round, the players like Clinton and Giuliani will stick around at least until the Feb 5 when 22 (!!) states vote.

Its those big states that really gauge the national opinion, not small out of the way places like Iowa/NH.