By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official New Hampshire Primary Thread of Independents, Snow, and Fun

So...the New Hampshire Primary is on Tuesday.  I was reading Politico and I saw this:

CNN:

Democrats:

Obama - 39%

Clinton - 29%

Edwards - 16%

Richardson - 5%

Republicans:

McCain - 32%

Romney - 26%

Huckabee - 14%

Guiliani - 11%

Paul - 10%

Thompson & Hunter - 1% each

Suffolk

Dems:

Clinton - 35%

Obama - 33%

Edwards - 14%

Undecided - 11%

Richardson - 5%

Kucinich and Gravel have 1% each

Reps:

Romney - 30%

McCain - 27%

Guiliani - 10%

Paul - 9%

Huckabee - 7%

Thompson - 2%

Hunter - 1%

Thomson and Hunter are less than 1% apparently...

Ramussen:

Dems

Obama - 39%

Clinton - 27%

Edwards - 18%

Richardson - 8%

Kucinich - 3%

Gravel - 0%

Reps

Mccain - 32%

Romney - 30%

Paul - 11%

Huckabee - 11%

Guiliani - 9%

Thomspon - 4%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Averages:

Dems                        Reps

Obama - 37%          Mccain - 30%

Clinton - 30%          Romney - 29%

Edwards - 16%       Huckabee - 11% 

Richardson - 6%      Guiliani and Paul - 10% each

Kucinich - ~1%        Thompson - 2%

Hunter - 1% (maybe)

Prediction:

Dems - Obama (35%), Clinton (32%), Edwards (15%), Richardson (7%), Other/Write in 11%

Republicans - McCain (36%), Romney (29%), Paul (12%), Huckabee (11%), Guiliani (8%), Thompson - (4%)

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

as long as hilary and romney dont win im fine with everything else

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Ron Paul at 12% is pretty good. Although I dont think he will go anywhere this election unless he runs as an Independent. I do not like Huckabee or Clinton. Everyone else is acceptable.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

@TheSource

The polls are all over the place.. but some were conducted before/during the Iowa caucuses.. I would give the edge in the Democratic primary to Obama simply because he has the momentum and New Hampshire voters have a long history of going against the status-quo (which would still be Clinton.) The overwhelming majority of people in that state are also fiercly against the Iraq War, and that bodes poorly for Clinton and Edwards. The latter of whom co-sponsored the Iraq War Resolution in the senate in 2002 and now loudly speaks out against it. I think its one of the top factors in favor of Obama support; and one of the reasons Edwards is now struggling to stay relevant.

McCain should easily achieve victory. His rebound is amazing and people really seem to revere him and admire his supposed bipartisanship. He won NH in 2000, and he'll repeat. People just don't like Romney. Giuliani is sinking faster than a lead balloon and Huckabee doesn't have much of an organization in New Hampshire.. Outside of Christian fundamentalists and "fair tax"ers, I don't see how Huckabee could be appealing to anyone.

PDF said:
Prediciton

McCain will win and will mix up the republicans even more.
Obama will win due to his new bump from Iowa.

I am still shocked Obama does so well. I will not support him if he get the nomination. I will support any Republican running against him.

If Obama decides to run in 8yrs or so I will possible support him now but atm in time we cant bet on somone who has no experience and can just talk change but has yet to proven he can provide it.

experience can be very very harmful, look at lincoln, had 2 years of experience yet turned out to be one of the best presidents ever, the president before him was in politics his whole life yet he did shit

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Recent polling does show some pretty big movement towards Obama, though I don't trust that CNN poll - 268 respondents, are you kidding me?

He and McCain should win. They diverge from there, though - Obama should win Nevada and SC, while McCain is far from a sure thing in those states or Michgan.

Lost tears of Kain said:
PDF said:
Prediciton

I am still shocked Obama does so well. I will not support him if he get the nomination. I will support any Republican running against him.

If Obama decides to run in 8yrs or so I will possible support him now but atm in time we cant bet on somone who has no experience and can just talk change but has yet to proven he can provide it.

experience can be very very harmful, look at lincoln, had 2 years of experience yet turned out to be one of the best presidents ever, the president before him was in politics his whole life yet he did shit

Buchanan - He spent about thirty years in the federal government, as a Congressman, Senator, Ambassador, and Secretary of State. He was one of the worst Presidents ever.

There's no real pattern to whether experience counts or not, overall.

Desroko said:
Recent polling does show some pretty big movement towards Obama, though I don't trust that CNN poll - 268 respondents, are you kidding me?

He and McCain should win. They diverge from there, though - Obama should win Nevada and SC, while McCain is far from a sure thing in those states or Michgan.

Yeah, SC will still be tought if people still belive the illegitamite black baby lies.  He was doing great in SC 8 years ago before that...

Desroko said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
PDF said:
Prediciton

Buchanan - He spent about thirty years in the federal government, as a Congressman, Senator, Ambassador, and Secretary of State. He was one of the worst Presidents ever.

There's no real pattern to whether experience counts or not, overall.

Yeah you know you suck when your constantly ranked behind William Henry Harrison.  That guy is the mendoza line of presidents seeing as he died before he did anything.  Buchanon was the worst by far in my opinion.  Pierce is the only one who's close... and Buchanan was the one who really blew it.  Plus he missreprestented himself.

Hopefully Obama wins, and McCain loses

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)