By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Online play to be charged on ps4?

Will online play be charged on ps4?

Yes 108 47.79%

No 98 43.36%

I don't bother 20 8.85%

Total:226
NiKKoM said:
Seeing how large PSN has become and it's growth it's likely to become a paid service.. someone will pay for the security, maintance, bandwidth, r&d, etc for it... and I don't think Sony will be picking up that bill..

Jeeh me from 2011! You're awesome!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
NiKKoM said:
Seeing how large PSN has become and it's growth it's likely to become a paid service.. someone will pay for the security, maintance, bandwidth, r&d, etc for it... and I don't think Sony will be picking up that bill..

Jeeh me from 2011! You're awesome!

lol  XD  The Im awesome post. I have to admit that is great lol

I think the value that PS+ has gained via its free games model made a lot of people more susceptible to the idea of paying for online. Value + No pay wall for online services = Consumers not as hostile as this thread may have suggested.

thats at least 97 people who didn't think itd happen.

And Jay510 only said "a few" people felt this way. LOL

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I guess PS+ made it very obvious that it will require a fee. I was still hoping that they'd keep online multiplayer free though.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

When i first came in here there was only 74 votes for yes and 97 no.  it has been increasing rapidly since the bump of this thread.

sales2099 said:

What?!? I didn't make any assertions on what people believed Sony would do. 

Now, can you find me any people in here who said "they hated the 360 because it charged online" and then changed to "I accept the fact that the PS4 will charge for online."

And even if you did, I don't know if that would really be double standards, since this thread is nearly two years old. People's opinions can easily change without it being considered double standards.

Still though, all I asked for was proof.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

What?!? I didn't make any assertions on what people believed Sony would do. 

Now, can you find me any people in here who said "they hated the 360 because it charged online" and then changed to "I accept the fact that the PS4 will charge for online."

And even if you did, I don't know if that would really be double standards, since this thread is nearly two years old. People's opinions can easily change without it being considered double standards.

Still though, all I asked for was proof.

So essentially, you are covering all your bases. lol I can give you hundreds of posts from dozens of forums and you can just say "ppl change their minds all the time".

lol nm. Same goes with me, in that your mind can't be changed in some things and we will use any and all fallback points to justify our stance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

So essentially, you are covering all your bases. lol I can give you hundreds of posts from dozens of forums and you can just say "ppl change their minds all the time".

lol nm. Same goes with me, in that your mind can't be changed in some things and we will use any and all fallback points to justify our stance.

Do you agree that people's opinions can change reasonable after nearly two years.

Also, I don't deny that the majority of people from other forums may have double-standards. Well, I can't really, since I was never there. So you could be right about those forums.

Flashback baby!

It's just that simple.