By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

I actually think that Watch Dogs are confirmed for THIS gen (PS360); if so, it won't be 1080p60fps on WiiU either :p I imagine that either Retro's game or the new Zelda (or another Big title) will push the WiiU somewhat - just like you said.

But what do you reckon the power of PS720 will be then? With the current rumors... =)

At this point, I'm certain Watch Dogs has no platform listed. To me, that means its intended for 'next-gen' and since only one of those consoles is confirmed, they obviously have left that info out.

I think neXtBox/PS4 will be at most 3-4x the power of WiiU. Which is far closer than Wii and more along the lines of PS2 to Xbox. Then considering dev costs keep going up and WiiU will already have common engines that will be used accross the board, there is no reason it would be ignored on multi-plats unless it just bombs during this first year of solo sales. (unlikely)

I completely agree with this; or worst case scenario it'll be like PS1 to N64...

One thing to note in the power difference of WiiU vs PS360... its not just the raw power, its also all the new technologies and shaders and such that make the biggest differences. WiiU will have the same capabilities in that regard as the others of this coming gen.

So, if I understand you correctly, Wii U will have slightly worse graphics compared to PS720, but will have the same level of shaders an stuff like that?

Yes, I think so.

Around the Network

PS Quatro is gonna be beastin son. 10x PS3 probably.

Turkish said:

no.way.

Ain't gonna happen old chap! Sony can't afford it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Turkish said:

None of the rumors support that theory. Additionaly, Viper has a very good post in this thread a few pages back that explicitly define why that is certianly not going to happen.

superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:

I'm not interested in any futile attempts at denial.

As it stands, Black Opps 2 is 720p....Mass Effect 3 is 720p....and now Mario is 720p.

I'm willing to bet Assassin's Creed goes 720p too.

At anyrate, 3 strikes and your out rule is my sentiment, and now the Wii U (nderpowered) needs to prove it can consistently do 1080p

No more excuses and no more delay of truth...it is what it is.

So your only concern is 1080p. Even though the games were developed when hardware was continuously in flux and they were nearly all last gen ports built with lower assets. That makes no sense. 

To keep in real, Wii doing 720p is really only a small problem....sorta.  In general, I'm not that anal about 720p vs 1080p....but what I don't want to hear is excuses about it.  

Again, it is what it is....just don't give me any BS about it.  Don't pee on my proverbial leg and tell me it's raining.......basically.

My issue with the Wii U, has and always has been my concerns about the Online and Social stuff.   I've said since day 1 it was going to be lackluster, and it is coming to pass like I've told everyone.  Of course, people want to be in denial about that too.

But anyways....yeah...it's not raining.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Turkish said:

None of the rumors support that theory. Additionaly, Viper has a very good post in this thread a few pages back that explicitly define why that is certianly not going to happen.

So next gen will see the weakest increase in console over console power, while being the longest gen ever, by a number of years? Sounds like a major disopointment to me.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Turkish said:

You should google around a little too see how "powerful" the Ax-xxxx processor mentioned in the list is in reality.

Hint: Any IB dual-core Intel processor runs bells and whistles around it. (I'm pretty sure the PS4 engineers have been  in panic mode ever since the truth about those "Poserful-nect-gen-AMD-miracle-APUs" came out.

Persistantthug said:

To keep in real, Wii doing 720p is really only a small problem....sorta.  In general, I'm not that anal about 720p vs 1080p....but what I don't want to hear is excuses about it.  

Again, it is what it is....just don't give me any BS about it.  Don't pee on my proverbial leg and tell me it's raining.......basically.

My issue with the Wii U, has and always has been my concerns about the Online and Social stuff.   I've said since day 1 it was going to be lackluster, and it is coming to pass like I've told everyone.  Of course, people want to be in denial about that too.

You can pass it off as a lie/excuse all you want, but if you were the CEO of EA and made the decision to dramatically increase the upfront cost of a port that already had higher than normal costs associated with its initial engine and developer learning curves all on a platform where the logical expected return will be the lowest... sorry but that is a poor business decision.

Hell games like ZombiU, a game where native 1080p would be nice and where its exclusive to the new console is native 720p60fps... it says a lot for the resources it takes to build up a game to that level. Its the first run of games. PS360 didn't have first run games that pushed their hardware to the levels of the latest Gears or Uncharted games. It just doesn't happen... especially with ports.

I simply think you and others clamouring on about native 1080p issue are expecting too much.

1) It makes sense 3rd parties ports wouldn't be all that much different than their PS360 versions.

2) Nintendo simply isn't the company that increases their costs for things they don't see as part of that particular game (i.e. NintendoLand, NSMBU, etc).

3) Nintendo content that will likely do that hasn't been announced yet... looking at Retro, if the game they are working on makes sense to do 1080p native.

4) Facts are, all these 3rd party games are still increasing from native <720p and likely sub-60fps to 720p60fps all the while being played on two screens with no lag. That's with what should be considered very little effort in the WiiU version being done by 3rd parties B and C teams.

Its not raining and no one is pissing either. Its all in your head.

superchunk said:
Persistantthug said:

You can pass it off as a lie/excuse all you want, but if you were the CEO of EA and made the decision to dramatically increase the upfront cost of a port that already had higher than normal costs associated with its initial engine and developer learning curves all on a platform where the logical expected return will be the lowest... sorry but that is a poor business decision.

Hell games like ZombiU, a game where native 1080p would be nice and where its exclusive to the new console is native 720p60fps... it says a lot for the resources it takes to build up a game to that level. Its the first run of games. PS360 didn't have first run games that pushed their hardware to the levels of the latest Gears or Uncharted games. It just doesn't happen... especially with ports.

I simply think you and others clamouring on about native 1080p issue are expecting too much.

1) It makes sense 3rd parties ports wouldn't be all that much different than their PS360 versions.

2) Nintendo simply isn't the company that increases their costs for things they don't see as part of that particular game (i.e. NintendoLand, NSMBU, etc).

3) Nintendo content that will likely do that hasn't been announced yet... looking at Retro, if the game they are working on makes sense to do 1080p native.

4) Facts are, all these 3rd party games are still increasing from native <720p and likely sub-60fps to 720p60fps all the while being played on two screens with no lag. That's with what should be considered very little effort in the WiiU version being done by 3rd parties B and C teams.

Its not raining and no one is pissing either. Its all in your head.

Most of what you said is reasonable.

But it still doesn't negate the reality:

Wii U is thus far, a 720p machine.....period.

That's all that really needs to be said about that situation.

I'm good with it.....I'm just not willing to accept anymore BS from those in denial it.

I'm ok with it.

Now, On to other things.....because the Nintendo/Wii U has bigger problems.

Wasn't there a rumor that PS4 would have a cell processor and nvidia gpu?