By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

Rainbird said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
For those of us who know nothing of these things: IF these rumours are true, how much more powerful than Wii U will the next Xbox be?

As HappySqurriel said, it's impossible so say anything definitive from what we see here. The Xbox looks like it may command a more or less noticable advantage in terms of the CPU and RAM, but they're still so close that the GPUs will be the determining factor in most comparisons I imagine. And there is nowhere near enough information about the GPUs to compare them, so it's still up in the air.

Ok, we'll just have to wait and see then. Thank you!



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Rainbird said:
Were there any rumors about the WiiU coming with a harddrive? I remember the rumor about it having 8 GB internal storage, but no other storage-related rumors.

http://wiiuupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/i3vXP.jpg

Never mind then.



I'm sure the Wii U runs Power7 instead of Power6, and I have a source if you want to see it.



IamAwsome said:
I'm sure the Wii U runs Power7 instead of Power6, and I have a source if you want to see it.

Any sources are always welcomed. I prefer to be wrong and get it right, so bring it on!!!



superchunk said:
IamAwsome said:
I'm sure the Wii U runs Power7 instead of Power6, and I have a source if you want to see it.

Any sources are always welcomed. I prefer to be wrong and get it right, so bring it on!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-puts-watsons-brains-in-nintendo-wii-u/

It says the Wii U has the same chips as the Watson supercomputer, which uses Power7.



Around the Network

WiiU is Power7, not 6.

Fake edit: beaten.

PS: Is not also a tri-core?



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


IamAwsome said:
superchunk said:
IamAwsome said:
I'm sure the Wii U runs Power7 instead of Power6, and I have a source if you want to see it.

Any sources are always welcomed. I prefer to be wrong and get it right, so bring it on!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-puts-watsons-brains-in-nintendo-wii-u/

It says the Wii U has the same chips as the Watson supercomputer, which uses Power7.


You know, I do remember that.... complete forgot it when I made the thread. Thanks for reminding me.



wait the nextbox is confirmed blu ray? Cooll



Jay520 said:
wait the nextbox is confirmed blu ray? Cooll


Nope. That's one of the parts I am using common sense. MS will definitely continue to push for media features and bluray is the logical choice.



superchunk said:
spurgeonryan said:

It seems like the nextbox will be a little more powerful than the WiiU. What does the 32nm stand for


It's the size of the die that the CPU is on.

No, not at all. It basically tells you how densely you can pack transistors onto a die. Simplified, into a cell approximately the size 2*(32nm)^2, you can pack one transistor. In theory, you can pack twice as many transistors into the same area with 32nm as with 45nm, so you get twice as many dies out of your waver (and the whole things can run faster as the distances are shorter).  In reality, you can't really double, because the smaller the stuff gets, the more problems you run into, requiring redesigns and "emergency measures" to get the thing runnign at all.