By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

drkohler said:
superchunk said:
ethomaz said:

Well there are more site saying 40nm than 28nm.

AMDs tech is only 28nm in these new APUs AFAIK.

And IBM's and Intel's eDram/eSram tech (never seen any AMD tech mentioned for eDram) is either 32nm or 22nm. I wonder how they fit it together in the end

oooh good point.

Around the Network

@superchunk

How do you know how much memory is used for the OS?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

Interesting read and may help you with your OP.

Did anybody else notice that in the Architect Meeting, one of the Microsoft guys said that each CPU will execute six instructions per clock cycle per CPU Core? Sony’s paperwork shows one per CPU per cycle per core.

Is this a misunderstanding? How are they doing that? And if so, doesn’t it make the Xbox One’s CPU significantly more powerful? 

Additional Info: "Some performance numbers were given for the CPU and GPU themselves but these cast more shadow than they do light. Microsoft claimed that each CPU core can perform six operations per cycle. The CPU is believed to be using AMD's Jaguar core, but typically this would only be described as able to handle four operations per cycle; two each of integer and floating point (though even here counting operations is complicated; the floating point operations could use vector instructions such as SSE2, in which case one operation would result in four actual computations, potentially giving eight per cycle for floating point alone)."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-talks-about-xbox-ones-internals-while-disclosing-nothing/

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

retroking1981 said:
@superchunk

How do you know how much memory is used for the OS?

Rumors and my own estimation based on features show for each system. Kinda why I still have it in a range vs specific amount as in Wii U.

Based on ethomaz info above... it may be 3GB for both leaving 5GB for games (which is what I originally argued but got a lot of resistence from many in this thread so I put it to 1GB as a min)

Around the Network

So Wii U is about 1/4 to 1/5th the strength of the PS4?

I can live with that.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

nnodley said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

Interesting read and may help you with your OP.

Very nice article. Love the "wired" pictures showing the internals.

superchunk said:

Not so sure about this chart. It has at least one issue in that it says "HDMI only". I saw pictures of the back of the console and it clearly shows a A/V multi-input connection similar to Wii and Wii U's option. I'm betting it has an accessory to connect to non-HDMI.

As for the watts, I guess I overlooked that.

EDIT: I already had 75 to 100 watts in the OP. :)

Left to right...

Power
HDMI Out
S/PDIF (Optical Audio)
HDMI In
2x USB
Kinect
IR
Ethernet

What A/V multi-input?

Excellent internal pics. Also give reference to overall size of box. It will be rather sleek to begin with, nice.

ethomaz said:

Left to right...

Power
HDMI Out
S/PDIF (Optical Audio)
HDMI In
2x USB
Kinect
IR
Ethernet

What A/V multi-input?

It was the Kinect input. My bad. Thanks for the clarification.