By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

zero129 said:

This is something i too have been saying all along. Next gen is going to be like the PS2-GC-Wii gen in terms of power

This is also probably a push from 3rd parties. They want similarty so they can port games easily. Reduces their costs and expands their consumer base. It also helps the dedicated consoles vs the rise of iOS and Android as they move up in tech quicker and will become very common TV connected devices in a year at most.

Around the Network

I'm pleased how things are turning out, might actually have some decent 3rd party support this time around.

Also, kudos to Nintendo for what seems like incredible foresight into industry trends, I'm impressed.

...And thanks superchunk for making this thread!!

miz1q2w3e said:

np, I'm just excited that my estimations are coming true, so far. I want to only own one console as Nintendo has the only 1st part I must have.

superchunk said:
miz1q2w3e said:

np, I'm just excited that my estimations are coming true, so far. I want to only own one console as Nintendo has the only 1st part I must have.

Same here, buying games, controllers (most annoying), and accessories for two different consoles while keeping track of all your personal stuff is so annoying.

Around the Network

I've owned all the consoles for the last two gens. It would be nice to have one. I don't have all the time to play all the games I buy. I want to be a one console no handheld gamer.

It's 1gb vram for PS4 according to rumours, that's not the total amount of ram.

edit: Ignore, made mistake.

Sounds good. If this is true and the WiiU gets the 3rd party games as suggested, it seems as though maybe the WiiU will be the only 8th gen console I need.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Andrespetmonkey said:

Isn't GDDR5 vram? Where did I say it was the total ram of the machine. That's just all that's been mentioned as far as I know. I go more into it in the 2nd post of the thread though.

superchunk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Isn't GDDR5 vram? Where did I say it was the total ram of the machine. That's just all that's been mentioned as far as I know. I go more into it in the 2nd post of the thread though.

My mistake, saw "1gb" and jumped to conclusions.