By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shinobi 3DS General / Official Thread of no more excuses about graphix!!

Metacritic is sitting on 76 after only 6 reviews. The game sounds fun to me, its launching at a cheaper price and it seems to have recaptured the very classic style of the original gameplay.

Quotes - "Earlier levels are very enjoyable, with secret areas to find, lots of variety and chances to break out the grapple hook and wall bounce while taking out the bad guys. The levels are quite long too, taking around 15 minutes to complete. The game is littered with inspiration from other Shinobi games, such as the brains exploding out of test tubes full of a green solution as found in Shinobi III and the threat of being sucked out of open doors on a cargo plane a la The Revenge of Shinobi."

So post it if you want it, if you bought it, if you like it, if you hate it.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Can't you just tell me whether to cancel my pre-order? I can't make decisions for myself.

http://hardcoregaming101.net/shinobi/shinobi7.htm

The 3D is shit, the gameplay is as good/superior to other Shinobi's.

"There are few other classic game reimagenings that do such a great job at modernizing a franchise while still capturing the original's spirit as well as Shinobi 3D. It effortlessly plays in the same league as Bionic Commando Rearmed and Contra 4. While not quite perfect, especially considering the graphics and the botched 3D mode, it's one of the best games in the series yet. But also viewed simply as an old-school 2D action platformer, Shinobi 3D is quite excellent."

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

What is wrong with the 3D? I am considering purchasing and am curious about it. I have been interested in this game for awhile, but I usually try to avoid having good expectations for anything Sega makes nowadays based on one of their classic franchises.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

whats the price of the game? I loved Shinobi games on the Genesis System.

Around the Network
Vectorferret said:
What is wrong with the 3D?

I am guessing they didn't make the 3D easy to get the sweet spot.

I find Mario 3DLand is much easier to recapture that sweetspot than OOT.

spurgeonryan said:

Did you say you have enjoyed the new Mario games 3D more than OoT's? I thought Zelda's 3D was wonderful!

No. I said the 3D in Mario 3DLand is easier to ease into, at max setting.

New reviews -
7/10 - http://3ds.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/11/shinobi_3ds
8/10 - http://www.modojo.com/reviews/3ds/shinobi/

the averages on metacritic is decent, i mean its better score then most 3DS titles that's on the market right now. i will be getting the game, hopefully for Christmas.

i'm getting it either way, i love shinobi since the genesis days , and i still think Ninja Gaiden is a rip off of this series