By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Saints Row: The Third PS3 exclusive mode missing, Broken E3 promises continue

Eurogamer

The promised exclusive mode for the PlayStation 3 version of Saints Row: The Third is mysteriously absent from the game.

Retail copies sent to press reveal the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the Volition-developed open world adventure contain exactly the same content, Joystiq reports.

The exclusive mode was announced at E3 2011 in June, and was said to use Saints Row's "signature weapon", presumably the dildo bat censored for the Japanese version.

Joystiq speculates that this may have been The Third's Whored Mode, a wave-based co-op multiplayer bonus currently a part of all three versions of the game.

Eurogamer has asked THQ for comment.

This is the second time in quick succession exclusive content promised to PlayStation 3 owners has failed to materialise.

Last month it emerged that the PlayStation 3 version of Battlefield 3 did not include Battlefield 1943 - despite publisher EA's promise at E3 that it would.

EA said the week-long PS3 exclusivity for Battlefield 3 DLC was "in lieu" of the free game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-15-saints-row-the-third-ps3-exclusive-mode-missing

Around the Network

wow whats with sony loosing so much dlc? maybe microsoft backflipped or something

Its probably downloadable....I actually never knew saints row had PS3 exclusive content.

KylieDog said:
This is Microsoft being assholes again.

i wouldn't be surprised

This is probably connected to Microsoft policy of identical / day-and-date content being extended to middle tier publishers like THQ. I wonder what will happen if SONY take up a similar policy, since that would work just as well for them, only really EA, Activision-Blizzard and Ubisoft are big enough to actually fight such a policy.

(The Battlefield content change was due to EA/SONY since they are too big to be influenced this much by Microsoft)

Overall i would say i am not liking Microsoft's policy at the moment since it only effects one system, though if it becomes standard across all systems it might just end up benefiting gamers (the idea of games being different depending on what platform you buy it on is kinda scary, i already dislike discrepancies with DLC release dates....)

Around the Network
Aprisaiden said:
This is probably connected to Microsoft policy of identical / day-and-date content being extended to middle tier publishers like THQ. I wonder what will happen if SONY take up a similar policy, since that would work just as well for them, only really EA, Activision-Blizzard and Ubisoft are big enough to actually fight such a policy.

(The Battlefield content change was due to EA/SONY since they are too big to be influenced this much by Microsoft)

Overall i would say i am not liking Microsoft's policy at the moment since it only effects one system, though if it becomes standard across all systems it might just end up benefiting gamers (the idea of games being different depending on what platform you buy it on is kinda scary, i already dislike discrepancies with DLC release dates....)

i doubt it would i don't think microsoft would ever be that cruel to force publishers to turn down timed dlc, but if they were i have a feeling this will bite microosft back on the ass early next gen when publishers and devolopers side with ps3, no body likes an asshole and i doubt microsoft would be stupid enough to do that. if so they might be screwed

Rockstar266 said:
Aprisaiden said:

i doubt it would i don't think microsoft would ever be that cruel to force publishers to turn down timed dlc, but if they were i have a feeling this will bite microosft back on the ass early next gen when publishers and devolopers side with ps3, no body likes an asshole and i doubt microsoft would be stupid enough to do that. if so they might be screwed

I think at the moment the focus is on day one content and content on the disk, not on DLC release dates. But yes Microsoft would be that cruel, and so would SONY and Nintendo if they felt they could gain something from it. Also publishers rely on multiplatform releases so much at the moment that any backlash is likely to be the publisher simply deciding to give all versions the same content -- and i think that is the ideal outcome for publishers and consumers.

some of you people are stupid. microsoft just cant magically change other peoples contracts and agreements.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
some of you people are stupid. microsoft just cant magically change other peoples contracts and agreements.

You're not following, MrBubbles.

What Microsoft can do, is threaten to not allow said title on their console.

That threat in and of itself can, and likely will, inspire removal of exclusive content.

Persistantthug said:
MrBubbles said:

You're not following, MrBubbles.

What Microsoft can do, is threaten to not allow said title on their console.

That threat in and of itself can, and likely will, inspire removal of exclusive content.

because that would make the dev break an agreement and open themselves to lawsuit from sony and sony would just sit quietly and not make a huge deal out of it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur