By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: Tons of Comparison Screens

Looks like the Marines have gained some weight in the last 10 years

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
ModifiedDuck said:
Joelcool7 said:

Man honestly I am impressed looking at how well the classic has stood up against the test of time. Yah the remake looks amazing but looking at how well the original looks in comparison is just down right jaw dropping. I mean the game came out ten years ago and it still looks pretty good, but you look at say ElderScrolls Morrowind and it barely looks playable. Halo held its own!

Morrowind looks way better than Halo. Even on Xbox. They both look fine even today, though.

No it really doesn't.

Bleh! That Morrowind shot looks like N64 graphics.

That Halo screen is from CEA. Here is an actual original Xbox shot...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:
ModifiedDuck said:
Joelcool7 said:

Man honestly I am impressed looking at how well the classic has stood up against the test of time. Yah the remake looks amazing but looking at how well the original looks in comparison is just down right jaw dropping. I mean the game came out ten years ago and it still looks pretty good, but you look at say ElderScrolls Morrowind and it barely looks playable. Halo held its own!

Morrowind looks way better than Halo. Even on Xbox. They both look fine even today, though.

No it really doesn't.

Lol that pic is not from CEA.

This one is. Did you seriously think CEA looks that bad?

A great looking remake !! I can't wait to buy this game!

yo_john117 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:
ModifiedDuck said:
Joelcool7 said:

No it really doesn't.

No, you misunderstand.

The first pic you posted actually is from CEA. You can switch from classic to new graphics by pushing a button.

Hence, you didn't actually post a picture from the original Xbox version of Halo. Both screens you've posted are CEA.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:
ModifiedDuck said:
Joelcool7 said:

No it really doesn't.

No, you misunderstand.

The first pic you posted actually is from CEA. You can switch from classic to new graphics by pushing a button.

Hence, you didn't actually post a picture from the original Xbox version of Halo. Both screens you've posted are CEA.

Sure if you want to get technical about it it was from CEA but it looks exactly the same as Halo CE did. There is absolutely no difference at all.

yo_john117 said:

Sure if you want to get technical about it it was from CEA but it looks exactly the same as Halo CE did. There is absolutely no difference at all.

Its not technical and there is a difference, its actually more polished than the original Xbox game. It appears the improved the shading/lighting and its HD.

I mean if you wanted to show off the graphics of PS2, would you use a picture of God of War 2 from the PS3 port?

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:

Its not technical and there is a difference, its actually more polished than the original Xbox game. It appears the improved the shading/lighting and its HD.

I mean if you wanted to show off the graphics of PS2, would you use a picture of God of War 2 from the PS3 port?

No you don't get it. 343 Studios have said themselves that the graphics are exactly the same as they were for Halo CE.

I've played Halo CE on my 360 with my HDTV and that is exactly how it looks when you open the image up in a new tab (try it you'll see it looks more pixelated)

yo_john117 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
yo_john117 said:

No you don't get it. 343 Studios have said themselves that the graphics are exactly the same as they were for Halo CE.

I've played Halo CE on my 360 with my HDTV and that is exactly how it looks when you open the image up in a new tab (try it you'll see it looks more pixelated)

No you don't get it. Original Xbox games have a higher resolution and anti aliasing when emulated on the 360.

Its just more polished, lets move on.

Recently Completed