By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 3 vs Uncharted 3 the better game?

I'd say Uncharted, it feels better, it looks better, and I love it!

Around the Network
Jexy said:
osamanobama said:

i believe its safe to say that you have played neither of the unharted's multiplayer (or just a few minutes of 2's) because nothing could be furhter from the truth.

Uncharted is known for its multiplayer, and reviewers praised it to no end, at how surprisingly amazing it was (uncharted 2), and this has continued to Uncharted 3. uncharted 2 was easily the most played multiplayer game on the ps3 after call of duty, nothing even came close. 2 years after its release it still get 40,000+ people playing at anytime. uncharted has made its self very well known for its multiplayer, both reviewers and players reflect this.

also could it be that he loves unhcarted and thinks its the best game that is why he is a sony fan, and has that sig. not the other way around; him being a Sony fanboy, so he makes that sig and defends Uncharted.

its you that needs to take those blinders off, because Uncharted is the epitome of multiplayer

So because I didn't agree that Uncharted is the epitome of multiplayer.... I'm the one who has blinders on?  Ok buddy :) 

im not the one going around about games i have never played, saying their multiplayer isnt good, based off of absolutely nothing.

i have back up my arguments with facts, and then claimed that for ME its the best multiplayer in exsitance, beating out Killzone 3.

my best/favorite multiplayer games of all time are:

1) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

2) Killzone 3

3) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

5) Gears of War 1 (didnt like 2's seemed very laggy, and i havent got a chance to play Gears 3 online extensively)

5) Call of Duty: World at War

6) Killzone 2

7) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8) Halo Reach (i usually have never liked Halo, but i found Reach to be pretty good)

9) Call of Duty: Black Ops

10) Resistance 3

CGI-Quality said:
The more I play, the more I realize I understated the brilliance of Uncharted 3's campaign. May have to re-write most of what I said!

Thank god.

You had me worried at first xD.

I played Gears 2 for quite some time and that MP was terribly terribly flawed FOR me. The lag, jesus christ. I still remember my friend being like: Bro, shoot with your shotgun in the wall. Do you see the bullets penetrate the wall accurately? or is there a slight delay?

CUZ IF THERES NOT A DELAY -> You are the host.

I was like W T F. I got the 360 from my father with Gears 2 (this was like ..early 2009 I believe) and thank god I didnt have to pay for XBL as I got it free for like one.. or three months (cant remember). But after that experience.. Damn.

I did complete all horde waves with my friends, was alright. Then again playing Haze with my friend was alright too LOL.

Jexy I understand what you said about me and my signature; but you are no better. Signature or not, you haven't even played UC3 yet you comment on it's MP and make statements on how it's "not a MP game". Yes we get that the singleplayer in Uncharted is just at a whole other level, but the fact is, Gears 3 MP is NOT at a whole other level when compared to UC3's MP.

^I just pulled a Jexy incase you didn't see what I did thaaar!

o_O.Q said:
Kynes said:
I know it's a hard thing to do for most people here, but I'd love a thread in which only the ones that have played both games say their opinion. How can you compare two games when you only have played one?

have you ever played modnation racers?

Yep, my brother has a PS3. Are you still hurt because of my comment about ModNation Racers and Mario Kart Wii?

Around the Network

After having played both and finishing them (i own them both, and all of their predecessors).

I would have to say Uncharted 3. Better visuals, better story, better campaign. Gears could have better multiplayer but I can't test that aspect due to Microsoft. I base my games off of single player though.

Wagram said:
After having played both and finishing them (i own them both, and all of their predecessors).

I would have to say Uncharted 3. Better visuals, better story, better campaign. Gears could have better multiplayer but I can't test that aspect due to Microsoft. I base my games off of single player though.

what do you mean?

Kynes said:
o_O.Q said:
Kynes said:
I know it's a hard thing to do for most people here, but I'd love a thread in which only the ones that have played both games say their opinion. How can you compare two games when you only have played one?

have you ever played modnation racers?

Yep, my brother has a PS3. Are you still hurt because of my comment about ModNation Racers and Mario Kart Wii?

lol no most people i've spoken to who have played mnr have said differently 

osamanobama said:
Wagram said:

what do you mean?

I'm not paying for Live. It's not worth it.

It looks like I need to change my review. I will do it tomorrow as I don't have much time today.