By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 3 vs Uncharted 3 the better game?

In my opinion, Gears 3 is better...between Gears 1 and Uncharted 1, I´d say Uncharted..between Gears 2 and Uncharted 2, I´d say Uncharted 2 by far..but Uncharted 3 just disappointed me.The aiming, focus on melee and the enemy AI are responsible for my disappointment.

Around the Network

if i had to choose one then uncharted 3 simply because i found it alot more fun. gears of war 3 nearly put me to sleep at times and the lame story telling didnt help either.

dsage01 said:

Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 are the two biggest exclusives on HD consoles this year and also the highest rated exclusives this year. No doubt both were great. But which one did you like or do you like better. I will give you a good comparison of both and you can jusde based on these aspects. These are both in my all time favourite games.

Visuals:

Gears and Uncharted both had breath-taking visuals. Both had the best visuals on their respective console. Some will call it a tie some will call it close but most people would say Uncharted 3 killed Gears in this round. The visuals of the Uncharted series really set it apart from the other games. Uncharted 3 felt like an amazing action movie when watching it. Gears of War 3 set the bar for Xbox. But Uncharted 3 set the bar for the whole gaming industry.

Winner: Uncharted 3

Gameplay:

At times I found one better than the other. This one can cause huge arguments between fans but it really comes down to what you like better. Both were huge improvements from it's prodeccesser's and in my opinion the best gameplay I have seen or experienced in my life. In playing the game I have to say Gears edged Uncharted out. The gameplay mechanics were a bigger improvement from Uncharted 2- Uncharted 3 but Gears 3 still managed to keep it's throne in this area. Although if I were just watching the game Gears 3 would look like a child's play in front of Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 is the only game I can watch for a long period of time and not get bored. While watching Gears of War 3 feels like I'm just watching a cool game. VGC really under rated the gameplay for Uncharted 3 (and possibbly the sales too) But after all people buy a game to play it not watch it. But both killed in thier aspects. The melee was the best I've seen in Uncharted 3 and the shooting was great in both but Gears of War 3 beat out Uncharted 3 in that part. 

Winner: Tie

Competitive multiplayer:

Again the best I've ever seen in my life. Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 both nailed it. I love the short cutscenes in Uncharted 3 but Gears of War 3 is no less. Both sequels are a huge improvement from their predeccesser. I loved Gears of War 1 MP but Gears of War 2 MP was a huge dissapointment.  Gears of War 3 really bought back the MP and the first time I played it I knew I wasn't going to need a Call of Duty game ever again. Me and my friends spent many hours playing the online mode despite us being busy with work at University. I really wasn't expecting to much from the Uncarted 3 MP and nor was I with Gears of War 3 despite playing both MP beta's. But I got to say that the MP in Uncharted 3 really took the throne for me. With the amount of customisation avaiable including kickbacks, character customization, weapon customization and the new buddy system which was nothing less than perfect. 

Winner: Uncharted 3.

Co-op:

Gears of War 3 is known for it's brillant horde mode. And Uncharted 3 is now known for it's amazing co-op mode. But I never saw that big of a leap in horde mode as I expected in Gears of War 2- Gears of War 3. Nevertheless it was simply brillant. Much better than Call of Duty's survival mode. Now Uncharted 3's co-op made probably the biggest leap in the co-op area this gen. The fact that I got so much more than I expected from Uncharted 3 made me declare Uncharted 3 the winner in this section at first. But we can't deny the fact that Gears of War 3 is made for co-op. Although the improvement in this area may be much less Gears of War 3 has prooven to have the best co-op in a game. And the fact that it has an amazing four player campaign co-op just makes that fact more vibrant. 

Winner: Gears of War 3

Campaign:

I've played the game through twice for Uncharted 3 and three times for Gears of War 3. Both have brillant stories and single player to offer. I did see a bigger leap in the campaign area from Gears 3 but Uncharted is just Uncharted. Nothing more to say really.

Winner: Uncharted 3

Overall winner: Uncharted 3.

Both were excellent games and one of the best games I have played. But Uncharted 3 beats Gears 3 in my opinion. 

What's your opinion?

Updated

Co-op winner: Gears of Wr 3

Competitive online winner: Uncharted 3