By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Will Happen With PlayStation 4 Next Generation?

In my opinion....if Vita is a complete failure, theres a chance ps4 might not happen.
So all you Sony fans need to support and buy Vita!

Around the Network

I have some interesting ideas about PS4:

- With Vita, you could copy the concept of WiiU, maybe some games will ulitize this feature: Vita as touchcontroller for PS4. Together with Move you have an exact copy of WiiU.
- Focus on 3D play: Sony is already known for being the only (non handheld) console supporting 3D games, the developers already have some experience, and it may be a good idea to focus on that

And, what i really want to have is: do you remember those OLED keyboards which never got cheap enough to be affordable? you know, the ones where you can put icons on the keys as you want to:

so why not use such buttons on a new controller? no one will ever be confused like "what button is for what in this game", one look on the pad and everything is clear. An Axe on X, shield on Square, ah, now i see, confident with that, lets start playing.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:
I have some interesting ideas about PS4:

- With Vita, you could copy the concept of WiiU, maybe some games will ulitize this feature: Vita as touchcontroller for PS4. Together with Move you have an exact copy of WiiU.
- Focus on 3D play: Sony is already known for being the only (non handheld) console supporting 3D games, the developers already have some experience, and it may be a good idea to focus on that

And, what i really want to have is: do you remember those OLED keyboards which never got cheap enough to be affordable? you know, the ones where you can put icons on the keys as you want to:

so why not use such buttons on a new controller? no one will ever be confused like "what button is for what in this game", one look on the pad and everything is clear. An Axe on X, shield on Square, ah, now i see, confident with that, lets start playing.

LOL @ bold.

enditall727 said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Itll lose out big time to the Xbox. Look how much Xbox has grown this gen, its sales have already doubled over the last console whereas PS3 is a third of the PS2, its dominated the PS3 in US easily and not just hardware its won out in software aswell, both in exlclusives and multiplatform.

It even leads in UK, i didnt know anyone who had an Xbox here and everyone had a PS2, look how fast that changed.

Next gen the gap between Xbox and PS3 will grow wider, nobodys that bothered with Japanese games anymore its all shooters, PS3 did well because of those that were loyal to the PS brand and people who expected things like GTA and FF to only come to PS3, but i barely kept anything.

Xbox will own PS4 in US and UK, the rest of Europe will turn over to Xbox like UK and with Japan turning towards portable consoles instead, PS4 wont stand a chance.

i dont think so!

you are giving xbox too much credit

it does not matter how much the xbox has "grown" this gen the funny thing is that when ps3 takes the 360 it will be in 3rd place

do you understand what im telling you joker? when 360 hits 3rd place it will mean that it will end even WORSE than it did last generation despite all of it's "growth"

PS2 launched 1st last gen(excluding dreamcast) and completely DESTROYED it's competition(aka Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's Gamecube). Though Xbox was able to beat the Gamecube

Xbox 360 launched 1st this gen and got hawked down by Nintendo's Wii and will be behind PlayStation 3 probably by the end of this holiday if Kinect doesn't come and save it's a** again like it did last year(unlikely)

so 360 got exclusive games from 3rd parties that originally were on playstation, they secured most of ps3's exclusive games and made them multiplat, they made deals that got many games to release a year earlier on it's console and the same with xbl games coming out 1st before psn and virtually every game ran alot better on the 360 over ps3 and it is STILL about to end worse than it did last generation

not to mention Sony was holding themselve's back with dumb decision's that i dont even have to name(inferior online,high a** price, making ps3 too hard to develop for etc etc)

and most of the 360 exclusive's went multiplatform(kinda like ps3 but 360 cant afford to have the games go multiplat)

cliffy b was basically saying that the next gears would also appear on a playstation(it was here on vgchartz when epic's other game came out on the same day as killzone 3), valve has basically gone multiplatform now so left 4 dead will most likely be playstation bound as well, mass effect has went to playstation, hell Halo wont even be made by the same developer anymore *lifts shoulders*

and Sony has finally started being more competitive as of recently so i mean what can microsoft possibly do next gen? xbox mainly got this far because of Sony's incompetence near the beginning of the generation

but let me stop right here because i think i typed a little too much on this 1 comment :)

WOW your colors came screaming through. Your  biased is stinking up the place.

To say xbox did not turn around and pull off Some magic is just a joke.

So your one of those next year guys huh, Ok next year then.

Also Microsoft and Nintendo are the real winners. They have made mad amount of profit while sony has shown in all areas horrible loses.

So how can this gen end bad for MS or Nintendo. Oh yea it can't. The only one that should be worried is sony. PEace

enditall727 said:
Jazz2K said:
I also wonder what Sony will do next gen because I think things will be a lot more different next gen than what we're used to. It's not like we'll be getting 3 consoles that are almost the same like every generations had. This time, the 3 consoles might take different directions. The only one we don't know much about is the PS4.

We know MS will release the next Xbox with a better version of Kinect and because it "should" come out with every consoles every games will build around the new Kinect, just like they did with XBox Live. We also know about Windows 8 that's supposed to bring more life to PC gaming, the new Windows for tablets and phones we'll see how they implement everything together. I don't think we need to worry much for MS, unless we still care for Japan.

On Sony's side... I don't know. No new medium technology needs to be adopted except for onlive gaming but we all know that's not what they want right away.

Motion gaming is already out and full body tracking is already adopted through Kinect.

Making it super powerful? Why? So it is too difficult to develop for again? And costs a lot too? Next gen we'll see even more game engines being reused that what happened this gen with UE3. Graphics are not what sells games, next gen will see not only impressive graphics but we'll come to a point where it'll start to be beautiful enough so people will not care anymore (it has already started)... I'm not talking about fanboys on forums.

I really have no Idea.

Sony made the ps3 difficult to grasp/develop for because they didn't want any developers taking advantage of it too early in it's cycle

even the ps3 dev kits were the most expensive

i remember at Sony's E3 2008(if im not mistaken) they announced that they would cut the ps3 dev kit price's by 80%

Yep sony made it so developers would have to spend a sh-t load of money just to learn how to use the tech and then sell the game after massive loses in development, scaring them over to there competitors.

Thats exactly what sony said when making the PS3.  This is the worst explaination for why the tech was so hard to develope for. Are you kidding because it was funny, If not..........................

Around the Network

My single biggest wish is that PS4 launches together with the NextBox in Nov 2013 because I want them to go head to head in sales without one having an early launch advantage and also I don't want another generation with Playstation fans getting all the bragging rights to having better graphics than Xbox.

The PS4 should have a built in Mic so if you want to talk to other people online all you have to do is talk to the PS4.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

ok first of all ,
sony botched last gen by waiting for the first to hit the market , and lol sega didnt aim dc at ps2 originally any way , they looked at nintendo the whole time they faced eachother this goes back to the nes , ,
so there for sony isnt really responsible for any ones demise, in fact sega was responcible for their own , by worrying about one competitor instead of all of them
this is the same mistake sony made with this gen
they thought nintendo was done for , but nintendo launched wii 2 days after ps3 and took world by storm

suprised everyone

so i m telling you this what happens to ps4 depends on how long they wait
look at 3ds im sure sony is looking if their smart they wont wait to long
if they so much as give nintendo a good head start which looks possible,
their chances of winning anything back is less then satisfactory

both ms and sony made a big mistake this gen for wanting a10 yr life cycle,
this is going to be bad news because like i said you dont give nintendo a head start because if you do that -- your really going to be in a hole,

the only reason nintendo came back and out sold ms was because they were once a well known brand and what happened to the ps3? it was to expensive so consumers went back to nintendo for a good while,
and as a result ---- wii sold 93 million units world wide and counting

sony has to play it smart-and judging by vita it so does not look like its going welll
lets start off by mentioning mistakes sony made with vita
1- making it manditory for you to buy a 20 dollar memory card just to boot a game!
2- pricing same mistake as last gen -add number 1 to this you get a whooping 269,99 price tag on a wifi only vita alone buying a week early?well guesss youll really pay a price- of 349,99$

a 3g model will run you $320 not including game in price
3 waiting on nintendo to drop 3ds out to retail first a world wide launch at that, in fact sony launched in japan around xmas time and still fell short well short of the marker -!

sony dare wait til 2014-2015 they are going to bite the bullet harder then ever
and they better hope 720 does the same so they 2 can duke it out for 2nd place
cause no ones going to out sell the wii u if nintendo has its way ! its going to take full advantage of the year head start just like they did with 3ds
you see the reason sony ps2 sold was because it came out first and included somthing new! dvd any one

well lets look what nintendo wii u brings to the table shall we !
a tablet style controller that has everything wii motes have and more plus is bc with all wii accesories and games so right out the bat . your in trouble if you let nintendo take advantage of this

people will see that theres hundreds if not 1000s of games on the wii already , they may have not been interisted in it then but whos to say it wont change when the new console supports good 3rd party titles and still offers those nich budget games as well .,. and nintendo has confirmed they are not dropping wii off the market when wii u launches at all! so they will really be in trouble ! if nintendo manages to take hardcore by storm and keep casuals at bay with wii , , your looking at the next dreamcast and it isnt the wii or the wii u lol its either ps4 or 720

i dont know if ps brand has legs any more looking at the vitas very very snail pace haha

spaceguy said:
enditall727 said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Itll lose out big time to the Xbox. Look how much Xbox has grown this gen, its sales have already doubled over the last console whereas PS3 is a third of the PS2, its dominated the PS3 in US easily and not just hardware its won out in software aswell, both in exlclusives and multiplatform.

It even leads in UK, i didnt know anyone who had an Xbox here and everyone had a PS2, look how fast that changed.

Next gen the gap between Xbox and PS3 will grow wider, nobodys that bothered with Japanese games anymore its all shooters, PS3 did well because of those that were loyal to the PS brand and people who expected things like GTA and FF to only come to PS3, but i barely kept anything.

Xbox will own PS4 in US and UK, the rest of Europe will turn over to Xbox like UK and with Japan turning towards portable consoles instead, PS4 wont stand a chance.

i dont think so!

you are giving xbox too much credit

it does not matter how much the xbox has "grown" this gen the funny thing is that when ps3 takes the 360 it will be in 3rd place

do you understand what im telling you joker? when 360 hits 3rd place it will mean that it will end even WORSE than it did last generation despite all of it's "growth"

PS2 launched 1st last gen(excluding dreamcast) and completely DESTROYED it's competition(aka Microsoft's Xbox and Nintendo's Gamecube). Though Xbox was able to beat the Gamecube

Xbox 360 launched 1st this gen and got hawked down by Nintendo's Wii and will be behind PlayStation 3 probably by the end of this holiday if Kinect doesn't come and save it's a** again like it did last year(unlikely)

so 360 got exclusive games from 3rd parties that originally were on playstation, they secured most of ps3's exclusive games and made them multiplat, they made deals that got many games to release a year earlier on it's console and the same with xbl games coming out 1st before psn and virtually every game ran alot better on the 360 over ps3 and it is STILL about to end worse than it did last generation

not to mention Sony was holding themselve's back with dumb decision's that i dont even have to name(inferior online,high a** price, making ps3 too hard to develop for etc etc)

and most of the 360 exclusive's went multiplatform(kinda like ps3 but 360 cant afford to have the games go multiplat)

cliffy b was basically saying that the next gears would also appear on a playstation(it was here on vgchartz when epic's other game came out on the same day as killzone 3), valve has basically gone multiplatform now so left 4 dead will most likely be playstation bound as well, mass effect has went to playstation, hell Halo wont even be made by the same developer anymore *lifts shoulders*

and Sony has finally started being more competitive as of recently so i mean what can microsoft possibly do next gen? xbox mainly got this far because of Sony's incompetence near the beginning of the generation

but let me stop right here because i think i typed a little too much on this 1 comment :)

Also Microsoft and Nintendo are the real winners. They have made mad amount of profit while sony has shown in all areas horrible loses.

So how can this gen end bad for MS or Nintendo. Oh yea it can't. The only one that should be worried is sony. PEace

my colors?? Bias???

lol not so fast there Mr. Spaceguy

we all know that the only reason you claimed this was because you obviously did not like what was said in that comment even though it was true

so i'm just going to leave it at that

what exactly do you mean by this? could you be more specific

and now that i think about it, since you implied that microsoft DID pull off some magic could you explain to me exactly what that mysterious magic that microsoft pulled off was?

are you talking about the "Kinect" as being that magic??

next year?? ok, when the hell did i say anything about next year in that comment??

what the hell are you talking about?

-_- 

this is true but i was not talking about profits in that comment, i was talking about sales

and umm.. why are you even mentioning nintendo? i was talking about specifically microsofts 360 and sonys ps3 in that comment but ok..

LMAO! I just LOVE how you tried to low-key throw Nintendo in the mix as if i said that this gen would end bad for Nintendo LMAO

i want you to tell me when and where i said that about Nintendo

you can either refresh my memory on this imaginary claim or you could just leave it there showing that you simply pulled that Nintendo claim out of your ass ;)

and also this was not about profits, it was about SALES in reply to the other guys comment

but whatever though..

EDIT: MAJOR late response!