By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Will Happen With PlayStation 4 Next Generation?

Sony needs to launch at a profit. They are bleeding money not only the PlayStation brand which continues to struggle but the entirety of Sony. PlayStation 4 needs to bring in a profit on hardware and software.

If PS4 launches with Cloud and has very little internal memory. If Sony does not seek to compete directly with Kinetic and Nintendo's tablet instead launching a slightly upgraded Dual Shock with maybe a touch pad in the back and some gyroscopics. Sony could launch a system say 8x the power of 360 while Microsoft has a 6x system and Nintendo 2-5x. Sony could sell a graphically superior console at a much cheaper cost. A 50$ profit selling at 350$ retail would not be hard to believe.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Actually 8x is a bit much might be smarter for Sony to release a system 6.5x the power giving it a slight graphical advantage. All while giving Sony a far cheaper piece of hardware. Charge a little cheaper then nextbox consumers will eat it up. With the right software also selling at a profit Sony could easily profit like they haven't in years.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Chad Daddy!

There were a couple things that i got wrong in here BUT..

Can anybody tell me when the PS4 is supposed to be released?

;)

enditall727 said:
Chad Daddy!

There were a couple things that i got wrong in here BUT..

Can anybody tell me when the PS4 is supposed to be released?

;)

2023 and 1/2 :P lol was reading the first page and found it funny you were right :)  Good job enditall!

I guess nobody knows when the PS4 is supposed to be released?