By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 day 1 shipments "largest in history"

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
yo_john117 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
yo_john117 said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
IT's disgusting how wel it sold for such an average game. Hopefully more shipments mean more Preowned copies like Black Ops.

But it's not an average game. 

IT's just my opinion, i don't expect Halo fans to agree obviously.

Actually a lot of Halo fans will hate COD because it stole Halo's thunder. And it's not just the occasional Halo fan that would disagree with you...it's the 20-30million people who play COD that will.

I know a lot of people who bought this game and find it average. They are just addicted to shooting people and calling people names over Online.  My friend is addicted to COD and al ot of people are, but none of them will put this game i ntheir top 10 for the year because it's just a MP focused shooter...a generic one after all these years.

Anyway my initial point was....i just think this game sells too much for what it actually is. I don't want to ask 20-30 million peopel about this game because the majority of them are the same people who listen to crap music, eat at Mcdonalds watch ESPN and buy Madden every year.

And that is all entirely your opinion. Most people that play it love the MP and most of them in fact would put it in their top 10 games.

I've grown up and realized it's just stupid to hate on something because it sells a lot. I used to hate on the Wii because it sold so much and I didn't think it was justified, I've also hated on MW2 mainly because it outsold Halo 3. But now I know that's just childish, people play and love the Wii and COD for a reason...because they are both good at what they do.

If you don't likw the game, that's fine but don't go pushing your opinion of it as fact and don't be flaming the COD userbase just because you are mad the game has sold so much.