By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is out NOW!!

Tagged games:

d21lewis said:
NiKKoM said:

You're my batman as I'm your Robin... I'm with you!

...okay.  But next time, I get to be Robin.

alright... I'm ok with that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
d21lewis said:
NiKKoM said:

You're my batman as I'm your Robin... I'm with you!

...okay.  But next time, I get to be Robin.

alright... I'm ok with that..

Damn you nikkom that's sneaky. >____>

^_^

oniyide said:
Solid-Stark said:
d21lewis said:
I don't know how I forgot about this game. I was in Wal-Mart today, too--didn't even look at the games section. This totally fell off of my radar. How much is the limited edition? I don't know what comes with it but I know I have to have it!

It's $80 and i believe it's Gamestop exclusive. As a Metal Gear fan i felt entitled to get it, but seeing as how I already have the games, and the fact that I don't support PW being an HD port, I'll have to settle with the standard version. (Not to mention I'll never buy from Gamestop again after not giving me my Dark Souls CE)

any reason why?! Not that I disagree, but in terms of PW specifally, I think the port is an upgrade, that game is built for multi, I dont know anyone else who has the game, playing online on the go with only wifi is impossible so thats a crapshoot. Sure i can play at home, and even use that ad hoc party but im in my house i wouldnt be using portables.

OT im gonna have to pass, not enough time, too much games and honestly 50 bucks is bit to spend on games I already own.  Maybe when the price drops

I just think that the game was built originally to be a portable experience. There was so much hype, a big release, and now it's just a plain old port. Therefore i believe it lost it's originality. A Vita and even a 3DS port would have been prefered, but thats just me.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

There was really no need to buy the Limited Edition. It's got a nice box and a hardcover book of Metal Gear art but that's it. Not worth the additional 30 bucks.

Game is as awesome as ever, though. I'm playing through MGS2, first. Controls REALLY took some getting used to but after about an hour, I was sneaking up on enemy soldiers and stealing dog tags just like old times. Achievements/Trophies seem pretty simple, too--I don't think there's any Peacewalker specific ones, though.

d21lewis said:
There was really no need to buy the Limited Edition. It's got a nice box and a hardcover book of Metal Gear art but that's it. Not worth the additional 30 bucks.

Game is as awesome as ever, though. I'm playing through MGS2, first. Controls REALLY took some getting used to but after about an hour, I was sneaking up on enemy soldiers and stealing dog tags just like old times. Achievements/Trophies seem pretty simple, too--I don't think there's any Peacewalker specific ones, though.

I told you some people might think that, as for me, It was well worth it! I was considering importing the japanese version sicne that has 450+ pages but I can't afford it right now. [like 300 dollars on ebay]

^_^

Around the Network
skeezer said:
d21lewis said:

I told you some people might think that, as for me, It was well worth it! I was considering importing the japanese version sicne that has 450+ pages but I can't afford it right now. [like 300 dollars on ebay]

I admit it.  You're a bigger Metal Gear fan than I am.  Shinkawa's art never did do it for me.  His art REALLY is art but I'd have preferred some fan art or some Marvel/DC styled pinup art.  And it seems like I've seen them all before.

I'm such a big MGS fan that I've even spent over 2000 hours on MGO and imported a japanese MGO disc.

^_^

I'll probably pick it up in December. Too busy with other games and I'm getting Skyrim.

I own the PS2 games but never played them. I'd rather experience them on the 360.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)