By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 Review thread. Meta score update!

Tagged games:

An 8 from Eurogamer... I did not see that coming!

But yeah, good reviews, it is nice to see the IW have just got on with what they do best rather than try to cover DICE's attacks, and I am looking forward to playing this when it comes

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:

NXGM: 76/100

Worst:
    No online play

Final score: 76/100

Lulz wut?!?  That's supposed to be a joke, right?

It seems to be the trend right now to have at least one or two sites that give bad scores. When there are 100 videogame sites and news sites giving great reviews, the only way to stand out in the crowd is to give a bad review! I am sure they will get a lot of traffic now.

It rather seems to be a trend to bloat the scores of highly anticipated titles to please fans and rake in incomes from clicks and ads. There are way too many games scoring in the 9's this gen, the scoring system has lost all meaning. I find myself all but ignoring reviews as of the past three-four years, there are almost no nuances to the reviews (which is fitting since there is rarely and nuance to the titles themselves...). The industry is growing into a Michael Bay Hollywood fest with blaze and noise complete with blazing, noisy reviews which sell the promise of epicness not delivered. Button spamming, aim-assist, quicktime events and relentless, rehashed drivel for stories is what we get.

Oh, by the way, don't read Gamer.no's review, it will ruin your day. But its by far the one I've agreed with the most so far, the reviewer manages to remain objective about a product he knows all the tweens love.

Having played every single CoD game ever published, at some length (as far as I could be arsed to lately) I have no problem believeing that this title deserves a score in the 7ish region. Virtually nothing has happened in the series since the original MW, the menu design, mission structure, pacing, most of the weapons and the engine are way too similar for a series that has gone on for four-five years and there is little to no creativity to most individual parts of the games. The production value is high but the gameplay is growing old and stale.

For the record; I find the BF3 campaign rather dull as well. Military shooters just aren't what they used to be any longer.

PS: Since when is a 76 a "bad" score anyway? Like I said, the review system is broken and the whole Metacritic chase has gone overboard a long time ago.

good reviews, but expected tons of 9.5s instead of 9s

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Reviews are inflated but shows people will likley like it more then Black Ops and that means this will be the dominate game on the Xbox and PS3 until X-Mas like always.

I do not see a massive move from MW3 to Battlefield 3 as many expected.

my guess it will be higher than uncharted 3, i give it a 96

Around the Network

lol tons of butthurt BF3 fanboys are bombarding the game with negative reviews on Metacritic.
Too bad no one cares about user scores since they're irrelevant especially with AAA mega-games like MW3.

yep, I always found the BF3 and MW3 duel silly.

Frankly casual gamers were not going to skip over COD gamer for a BF game.

Even if magically millions of them return the game to get BF3, MW3 still is a record breaker.

Also the COD elite servers are overloading with 100's of thousands of people joining the new elite service. Heard on the News. Also Black Ops Generated 1.5 billion dollars in revenue in less than a year.