By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Rioting in Oakland - Live Stream. Crap is Hitting Fan!

cory.ok said:
mrstickball said:
cory.ok said:
mrstickball said:

In case anyone is interested. The OWS protestors have stolen vehicles and are using them in the riots.

If not put under control, this very well could be Kent State or LA Riots redoux.

Here is a live steam of the rioting:

http://www.emergencystream.com/video_streams/CA/SanFrancisco5.html

let me point out what actually happened here:

a guy was corssing the crosswalk while a car was trying to get through the intersection, the driver holds the car horn down and pushes his car right up against the protester. it looks like the protester is nugged back by the car and falls, catching himself on the hood, then hits the hood of the car. a second later the driver stomps on the gas petal, running the guy over.

the other protesters nearby swarm the car, which any decent human being would do - that guy didnt deserve to be ran over. once the police got there they took the drivers information and let him drive away in his car while protesters were calling for police to arrest him. i think the guy got off easy, its not everyday that youre allowed to drive home after you run someone down in your car.

I actually made that statement well before that actually happened. When I offered the link, there was a good 30 minutes before they began reporting on the mercedes incedent.

ive been watching the protests a lot and live quite close to where theyre taking place and havent heard anything about it, do you think you could send me a link to a story about it?

Oddly, I can't find any significant stories about it... Which is very strange, given the fact the news cameras were on the incedent for so very long.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
cory.ok said:

let me point out what actually happened here:

a guy was corssing the crosswalk while a car was trying to get through the intersection, the driver holds the car horn down and pushes his car right up against the protester. it looks like the protester is nugged back by the car and falls, catching himself on the hood, then hits the hood of the car. a second later the driver stomps on the gas petal, running the guy over.

the other protesters nearby swarm the car, which any decent human being would do - that guy didnt deserve to be ran over. once the police got there they took the drivers information and let him drive away in his car while protesters were calling for police to arrest him. i think the guy got off easy, its not everyday that youre allowed to drive home after you run someone down in your car.

Basically how it unfolded, according to some news site I read yesterday.

The excuse of why the driver was let go was for safety. Why didn't they just arrest the driver is not making sense.

http://www.therightscoop.com/oakland-driver-ran-over-belligerent-protesters/

i believe this about what you a=guys are talking about. It has video also

Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
mrstickball said:
chocoloco said:
mrstickball said:
chocoloco said:
Shoot it looks like a guy got messed up bad. I wonder how much bigger it is than what is shown.

A lot bigger. They are focusing on just that one incedent on camera 5... There are at least 10 different views. Before the car incendent, they were panning all over the city.

Do you happen to live in Oakland? I would probably go out if I lived there of course I wouldn't want to get gassed so I would think twice.

No. I live in Ohio. I've been glued to the feed well before the cameras decided to focus on this one incendent.

I've been to SF before, though.

Where at? Youngstown man myself.

Small world, i was born in a Youngstown hospital and grew up in Lawrence County over the border

St. Elizabeths? 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
mrstickball said:
chocoloco said:
mrstickball said:
chocoloco said:
Shoot it looks like a guy got messed up bad. I wonder how much bigger it is than what is shown.

A lot bigger. They are focusing on just that one incedent on camera 5... There are at least 10 different views. Before the car incendent, they were panning all over the city.

Do you happen to live in Oakland? I would probably go out if I lived there of course I wouldn't want to get gassed so I would think twice.

No. I live in Ohio. I've been glued to the feed well before the cameras decided to focus on this one incendent.

I've been to SF before, though.

Where at? Youngstown man myself.

Small world, i was born in a Youngstown hospital and grew up in Lawrence County over the border

St. Elizabeths? 

Yup, that's the one

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Khan said:

St. Elizabeths? 

Yup, that's the one

Same here. Thats pretty crazy.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

MrBubbles said:
people in syria dont have the right to protest, but manage to do it peacefully, while they are being killed off left and right.

and yet these people who have that right just want to act like a bunch of retards....

its interesting.

WOW.

The Oakland protest really does seem to be full of jackasses.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/occupy-oakland-protesters-invade-burger-king

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/06/MNFB1LQLLD.DTL