By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEA Praises Uncharted 3 Review For Saying It’s “A Much Better Game Than Gears of War 3″

http://www.gamersmint.com/sony-praises-uncharted-3-review-for-saying-its-a-much-better-game-than-gears-of-war-3

Around the Network

Isn't it against the rules to create a thread with only a link inside and nothing else?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm really confused. I read the tweet and I followed it to the review. However the review said it contained spoilers so I tried to do a search (ctrl+f) to find the words "gears" and nothing came up. Anyone willing to read it to find out if it actually says it somewhere.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
I'm really confused. I read the tweet and I followed it to the review. However the review said it contained spoilers so I tried to do a search (ctrl+f) to find the words "gears" and nothing came up. Anyone willing to read it to find out if it actually says it somewhere. 

In conclusion (Page 3).

"The question becomes whether as a reviewer I should dock the game some points in my review score because of these annoyances, which if they go unmentioned will almost certainly wind up in Uncharted 4. I feel like I’ve collected a big bag of coins and have nowhere to put them. Yes, I’ve got to dock them. But we already rated Gears of War 3 at 92 and this game is a lot better than that one, in my opinion. So we’ll let Naughty Dog skate by with 93 out of 100. I honestly hope that the developers pay close attention and deal with some of the annoyances for Uncharted 4. Hopefully, by then, they’ll have some new Sony hardware to build it upon."

ethomaz said:
JOKA_ said:

In conclusion (Page 3).

"The question becomes whether as a reviewer I should dock the game some points in my review score because of these annoyances, which if they go unmentioned will almost certainly wind up in Uncharted 4. I feel like I’ve collected a big bag of coins and have nowhere to put them. Yes, I’ve got to dock them. But we already rated Gears of War 3 at 92 and this game is a lot better than that one, in my opinion. So we’ll let Naughty Dog skate by with 93 out of 100. I honestly hope that the developers pay close attention and deal with some of the annoyances for Uncharted 4. Hopefully, by then, they’ll have some new Sony hardware to build it upon."

Ah thank you.  Also I feel really dumb because I didn't realize it was a 3 page review, so I was only searching page 1. Oh welll haha

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

sounds a normal Sony PR

That's fine. Some sites (a lot of them, actually) are saying that U3 is better. But then, there are a bit of sites that have given Gears 3 a higher score. So, yeah. But in the end, they're two different beasts. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and depending on my mood, I will play one over the other.

It's not comparing apples to apples, here. Sure, there are some shared mechanics but I think there's a huge percentage of Uncharted's fanbase that will look at Gears 3 and think it's a mindless shooter (I disagree). At the same time, there's a huge percentage of the Gears 3 audience that will look at Uncharted and think it's a sissy game (I disagree with this, too).

It's fun to compare but Xbox gamers won't be able to play Uncharted so it won't matter. And Playstation gamers won't be able to play Gears so, again, the comparison doesn't matter. PS3 and 360 owners shouldn't care which is best. They just have two great games to play whenever they want to play them. So, in the end, throwing poop like a monkey doesn't really accomplish anything.

I'm (probably) not going to play either game, but it seems to me that a lot of people are upset with the poor reviews of Uncharted, but I'm not convinced that the reviewers don't have a point. From the negative reviews that have been released, it sounds like Uncharted 3 hasn't done much to change or improve the gameplay that was established with Uncharted and the primary reason to buy it is as a continuation of the story.

While this is entirely acceptable and understandable for fans of the series, when you compare Uncharted 3 to games that are being released today featuring years of gameplay ehancements over the original Uncharted, Uncharted 3 probably doesn't deserve the high scores that the series once got.

d21lewis said:
That's fine. Some sites (a lot of them, actually) are saying that U3 is better. But then, there are a bit of sites that have given Gears 3 a higher score. So, yeah. But in the end, they're two different beasts. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and depending on my mood, I will play one over the other.

It's not comparing apples to apples, here. Sure, there are some shared mechanics but I think there's a huge percentage of Uncharted's fanbase that will look at Gears 3 and think it's a mindless shooter (I disagree). At the same time, there's a huge percentage of the Gears 3 audience that will look at Uncharted and think it's a sissy game (I disagree with this, too).

It's fun to compare but Xbox gamers won't be able to play Uncharted so it won't matter. And Playstation gamers won't be able to play Gears so, again, the comparison doesn't matter. PS3 and 360 owners shouldn't care which is best. They just have two great games to play whenever they want to play them. So, in the end, throwing poop like a monkey doesn't really accomplish anything.

agreed. your wit knows no bounds lol.