By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

JEMC said:
spurgeonryan said:
JEMC said:
spurgeonryan said:
+ Evil Dead 2
- Evil Dead

Really? Even though they are the same movie with different budget I still prefer the first version over the second.

The second one gave us so many great classic Evil Dead scenes! The first one was just the beginning of it all. Was not good, other than being a cult classic gross out movie.

Number 2: Cutting hand off, blood, hand scenes, turns to evil ash, gets sucked into the past, great one liners, goes crazy, we see the hillbilly guy who is also in My Name is Bruce, More blood, Evil dead zombies in the basement saying "I will swallow your soul, swallow your soul", Better actors than the first time around, etc.

I like the second one better.

While it's true that the second one gave us more, it was a big "déjà vu" for me. It was like the first but bigger (but with a more dizzying camera), so I ended up liking the first more than this.

Both movies are great, but I'm gonna have to agree with spurgeonryan. It loses points for originality, but it more than makes up for it in everything else.

Oh and by the way:

+Evil Dead 2

-Fatal Attraction

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

+ The abyss
- Fatal attraction

+ Roger Rabbit
- Terms of Endearment

+ Fatal Attraction
- Cocoon

+Beverly Hills Cop II
-E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Around the Network

@spurgeonryan and johann. Ok, ok, I surrender. I'm not going to get into a fight against not one but 2 Bruce Campbells! (And I like both the whole trilogy)

+Batman

-Out of Africa (great music, but I can't stand Meryl Streep)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

E.T. ++

Rambo III --

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Are you updating the OP? because i keep upping the Rocky films and the number hasnt gone up at all.

+Rocky 3
- Rambo 3

+ E.T.
- The Living Daylights

+Who Framed Roger Rabbit
-Cocoon