By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well I can't understand who would complain. The (in this case) PS3 numbers are still very good.

At least we're not talking about a 500.000 drop here. A 200.000 drop for rushed numbers sounds realistic.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Onimusha12 said:
I never thought the fanboys would go as far as to attack the very numbers on this site, but it would appear I was a naive fool.

All sides of the fanboy scale are equally represented in here, but you fail to see some because you're a part of it. Don't act high and mighty, we all know your stance in this, and I personally think you are no more reasonable than any other member in here.

I don't mind your views, but don't elevate your own judgement over others', that's plain rude. Of course, you don't care what I say, so the post is worthless...

kber81 said:
Mummelmann said:
Onimusha12 said:
I never thought the fanboys would go as far as to attack the very numbers on this site, but it would appear I was a naive fool.

All sides of the fanboy scale are equally represented in here, but you fail to see some because you're a part of it. Don't act high and mighty, we all know your stance in this, and I personally think you are no more reasonable than any other member in here.

I don't mind your views, but don't elevate your own judgement over others', that's plain rude. Of course, you don't care what I say, so the post is worthless...

Well that was rude to Mummelman. You should appologize to him.

How come the only people on this site you question the numbers are Sony fanboys?

rukusa said:
Well I can't understand who would complain. The (in this case) PS3 numbers are still very good.

At least we're not talking about a 500.000 drop here. A 200.000 drop for rushed numbers sounds realistic.

Indeed. I have just as much faith in VGchartz numbers as any other outlet.

Onimusha12 said:

Well that was rude to Mummelman. You should appologize to him.

Nope, that was rude to you and I won't appologize

Around the Network

ioi said:

Nothing is going on. Holiday sales are incredibly hard to track, they vary a lot from store to store, retailer to retailer, region to region and country to country. Errors are also larger in absolute terms since the numbers you are dealing with are larger to start with. It is not just data for this week that has changed, changes go back 3-4 weeks, basically in the buildup to the holidays.

PS3 didn't get quite as a large a boost in France, Spain and Italy as we had initially tracked (numbers may still settle a little higher or lower but I think we are about there now), 360 had been overtracked slightly in France and Italy, Wii had been undertracked in Italy and Spain where it actually saw huge boosts (relatively moreso than in other European countries but then it wasn't as supply constrained).

In America, Wii sales have been lowered a little due to some new data on shipments, 360 sales increased by a few percent over the last few weeks. DS sales have also been raised slightly in Europe and lowered in America and PSP sales slightly raised.

We are only talking a few percent here and there over the last few weeks as we have had more data to compare with and more info on shipments and so on, just to bring figures more in line with our latest info.

The only exception is Wii in Japan which we enormously overtracked this week due to some very suspect data from on of our major sources (the same used by TheSource for his article). We only had 2 sets of data when I came to update the figures (rather than the usual 4) so data was fine on everything but Wii which has now been lowered. In future I will wait for more data, normally those two sources are good enough on their own but evidently this week it let us down.

Apologies if this affects people's personal campaign for their console of choice to win (fanboy wars is both an asset and a burden to this site!) but our personal mission is to report the facts as best we can and if I have an indication that we are slightly off on something I will make necessary changes. It just seems that some are noticed much more than others!

Actually the PS3 numbers in France are exceeding 500K and it has already catched up the 360 .Even if the week by week numbers of the last two weeks werent as high as you estimated the fact it that the total userbase is bigger that what you had estimated .So the numbers shouldnt be lowered but the contrary .On the other hand its pretty clear the 360 is overtracked in the total userbase in france in approximately 170K units and we know this for more than a month now ,yet nothing has been changed.Its reasonable possibility the PS3 sales could have been overstimated in some markets but we havent received a single leak about this through GFk right now ,and the one we have received (the France one ) puts the PS3 total userbase above what you have in the site and the 360 well behind so numbers should be changed that way not against any logic because your 2-3 retailers in France say otherwise . It just sound bad when we see the PS3 undertracked in november after NPD numbers and with a lower userbase in some countries compared to GFk numbers ,we see just the contrary about the 360 ( overtracked in NA after NPD data for October and november ,overtracked in France ,somewhat overtracked in Japan according to Media Create ) yet what we see is the PS3 numbers lowered and the 360 remain the same. Not a big deal ,this is a amateur page after all as we are always being remembered ,but definitely makes one take the numbers on the frontpage with a grain of salt .

What the hell have you done with the thread diomedes..

you're like a virus man

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Resume the, "this site is Nintendo biased" harping.

Good old Diomedes. His philosophy is so simple:

"The PS3 is always undertracked, by all tracking services, in all regions, at all times."

Once you understand that, all his posts make perfect sense!

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)