By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Onimusha12 said:
jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Suddenly the gap between the 360 and PS3 looks less impressive. Some celebration may have been premature it would seem.

And once again, people claim the Wii is being overtracked without any evidence to support their accusations.

Take a look at Famitsu data, then take a look at VGchartz data. The evidence is in abundance but only for those who want to see it.

It would seem ioi did an adequate job of puting your argument in its place.

When will Sony/MS gamers overcome their denial of the Wii's success. No console has ever been such a cuase for questioning this sites credibility as the Wii has and that is because people don't want to believe its winning.

Or blind faith of Nintendo fans. That sort of crap argument goes both ways.

No one doubting Nintendo winning, just the accuracy of the numbers. We already know Wii sales are higher then PS3/360 but that's not the point, it was never the point, that's just want users like you want to proclaim as a feeble rebuttal to what are legitimate concerns with the accuracy.  I mean, according to Vgchartz Famitsu is wrong with WiiFit numbers by 50k... that is a freakin lot.

It comes down to who do you trust more, Vgchartz or Famitsu? The fanboy's answer? Which ever track has my favorite console the highes.... When the legitimate answer is the tracker with the most credibility... in this case that would be Famitsu.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:
jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Suddenly the gap between the 360 and PS3 looks less impressive. Some celebration may have been premature it would seem.

And once again, people claim the Wii is being overtracked without any evidence to support their accusations.

Take a look at Famitsu data, then take a look at VGchartz data. The evidence is in abundance but only for those who want to see it.

When will Sony/MS gamers overcome their denial of the Wii's success. No console has ever been such a cuase for questioning this sites credibility as the Wii has and that is because people don't want to believe its winning.

No one doubting Nintendo winning, just the accuracy of the numbers. We already know Wii sales are higher then PS3/360 but that's not the point, it was never the point, that's just want users like you want to proclaim as a feeble rebuttal to what are legitimate concerns with the accuracy. I mean, according to Vgchartz Famitsu is wrong with WiiFit numbers by 50k... that is a freakin lot.

It comes down to who do you trust more, Vgchartz or Famitsu? The fanboy's answer? Which ever track has my favorite console the highes.... When the legitimate answer is the tracker with the most credibility... in this case that would be Famitsu.

nvm.

Fact is that that there are massive proofs of the 360 being overtracked(NPD for october and november ,shipped numbers,MS France claims)yet the 360 numbers arent adjusted ever...

jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:
jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:

No one doubting Nintendo winning, just the accuracy of the numbers. We already know Wii sales are higher then PS3/360 but that's not the point, it was never the point, that's just want users like you want to proclaim as a feeble rebuttal to what are legitimate concerns with the accuracy.  I mean, according to Vgchartz Famitsu is wrong with WiiFit numbers by 50k... that is a freakin lot.

After just one reply and your calm composure has already fallen apart. Try adressing ioi's post directly instead of dodging it this time with proclaimations of blind fanboyism.

jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:
jhlennon1 said:
Onimusha12 said:

No one doubting Nintendo winning, just the accuracy of the numbers. We already know Wii sales are higher then PS3/360 but that's not the point, it was never the point, that's just want users like you want to proclaim as a feeble rebuttal to what are legitimate concerns with the accuracy. I mean, according to Vgchartz Famitsu is wrong with WiiFit numbers by 50k... that is a freakin lot.

You should note that we don't have the full NPD, Famitsu, Mediacrate and Famitus numbers. We get the week to week numbers but we don't get the adjustments they make later.

Those adjustments only go to people who pay for the reports. So we really know what there totals are at the end of the day. There is a BIG reason why a lot of these numbers are ones you can't talk about, even the numbers that are made public.

Not saying VGchartz is more accurate just something to think about.  M-crate and Famitsu seem to do it against each other from week to week, but even then there are monthly and quarterly adjustments you never see.

Around the Network

/rant on 

Everyone whines about how inaccurate the numbers are.

If you want more accurate numbers, PAY FOR THEM YOURSELF OR DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Fucking ingrates, you get something for free and all you can do is complain and whine constantly about it.

If the numbers bother you so much, why the hell do you even bother to come to this site.

Either be constructive in your criticism or don't bother. Being negative all the time about how inaccurate they are does nobody any good. 

/rant off

Diomedes1976 said:
Fact is that that there are massive proofs of the 360 being overtracked(NPD for october and november ,shipped numbers,MS France claims)yet the 360 numbers arent adjusted ever...

I never understood why you're so bitter about this site.

Sometimes I think ioi screws with the numbers just to spite you... 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

What's interesting is the PS3 and 360 are now virtually deadlocked for holiday sales.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

@jhlennon1

I can give you two reasons why not to believe NPD in USA.

No Toys R Us.
No Wal-Mart.

You say that the free service is a "guess." That may be true. But the paid paid service is a "guess" too.

Both are highly-educated, well-reasonsed guesses. But they are estimates and approximations. Like almost every figure in an astronomy textbook.

And if you read the gaming media, there are a lot of mention of VGChartz's numbers. They are found in stories from Reuters. They are used on GameTrailers. And NPD must fear VGChartz given the way it talks about this site (without ever mentioning it).

If VGChartz gets hackles when mentioned on the boards in those other places, it is much more because of the immature nature of the fanboy/fangirl posters than the true nature of the numbers.

Sorry to blast you ... but I felt that ioi and VGChartz deserve to be defended. This is the only place where you can get an approximate count of worldwide videogame sales ... and its FREE!!!!

Thanks you ioi, TheSource and everyone else.

Happy New Year.

Long Live VGChartz.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Seriously, what the hell is your problem jhlennon1.

Either volunteer your services to do better tracking by posting actual info to support your mindless accusations or shut up and go somewhere else.