By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Some predictions...PS3, 360, Wii...End of 2007 Sales...respectivly

ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:
rogerbandodger said:
FishyJoe said:
Just ignore him, he'll be gone soon enough. It's probably Hus, Larry, & Co.
Is this how you treat newcommers?
Maybe this place is worst than I thought.

Just to make sure I understand your position:

1) You believe the Wii will sell 50 percent as well in the second half of the year as the first half, despite the fact that this would be historically unprecedented.

2) You believe the Xbox360 will sell 6x-7x as fast in the second half of the year, despite the fact that this is historically unprecedented.

You can see why we're a little amazed.

yep that seems to be what he believes...

I see the Wii slowing down by maybe 10 - 15% till November with some minor spikes due to games.

The PS3 will increase its sales speed by 20% due to there being more games...

The 360 selling same amount with boosts similar to the Wii due to games.

I think that's a plausible option. Makes sense to me, SSJ.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

The Wii is still sold out practically everywhere. Fluxuations in sales for weeks/months depend only on what Nintendo shipped. Until that changes it is pointless to make predications. The Wii could sell 500k/week in NA for all we know. Until the demand is met it is just biased guessing on everyones part. Now for my guess/prediction: Current (5/28/07) 360 - 9.94 Wii - 7.61 PS3 - 3.36 Weeks remaining for 07 = 31 Average Sales: Wii - 200k = 6.2M 360 - 100k = 3.1M PS3 - 45k = 1.4M I give the Wii an extra 1.5M for the holidays, 360 800K, PS3 400K. So the totals for the rest of the year are. Wii - 7.7 360 - 3.9 PS3 - 1.8 Overal totals being Wii - 15.31 (45%) 360 - 13.84 (40%) PS3 - 5.16 (15%)

rogerbandodger said:
Try to remember the Wii figures for NA are more fanciful than factual. Prior to April's figures (which are odd) the Wii's NA sales dropped by around 25% every month. Eventually this trend will return. Wii is a fad. No GTA IV or anything of this nature. Eventually... hopefully people will wake up and this thing will grind to a halt. No one needs a market dominated by substandard fare for a second time.

You don't need GTA 4 for a blue ocean strategy.

Wii - Approx 18M, still selling out and production is estimated at 1.5M a month. (at least thats what I heard?)

360 - I'd say approx 14M taking into account that the sales will increase hugely over the holiday period.

PS3 - I honestly would say 8M or less. I was looking through weekly data and it seems to only be selling less than 100k worldwide weekly currently which is really not quite good enough and if it doesnt get more accepted by the gaming community and a massive pricecut I cannot see it breaking the 8M mark by the end of '07.

I am Ill admit mildly Wii biased but that is a pretty objective look at the figures, I cant see demand for the Wii normalising by the end of the year and the others I think are pretty reasonable estimates.